Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help TransUnion Score Dropped 55 Points

tag
CThatisLife

Help TransUnion Score Dropped 55 Points

Hello Everyone,

I have a problem that I would like some advice and possible explanation on please.  Last month I paid down two credit cards balances one went from $566 owed to $6 (1%) owed and the other went from $430.64 owed to $4.50 (1%) owed therefore, my scores amongst the bureaus were affected as follows Experian went up 54 points, Equifax went up 24 points and TransUnion went DOWN 55 points I am confuse as to why my TransUnion score would behave this way.  The $566 card was first to report its balance decrease and my TransUnion score increased by 9 points but when the $430.64 card five days later reported its balance decrease that is when my TransUnion score decreased by 55 points.  I checked my TransUnion credit report and the only change on there from last month to this month is the $424.64 balance decrease.  Is this normal?  Has this happen to anyone else?  I am so frustrated right now.  Thanks to everyone in advance.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Help TransUnion Score Dropped 55 Points

Where are you getting your TU score from?

Message 2 of 5
CThatisLife

Hello, I am getting all my scores and reports directly from each credit bureau. I have monthly subscriptions with each credit bureau that gives me unlimited and up to date credit reports and scores.
Message 3 of 5
Sneakytiki
Frequent Contributor

TU provides a FAKO score I thought. Experian has real scores and they do that $5 3 bureau pull intro offer. There is also credit check total and privacy guard that pull for a dollar. 

If you want to see everything, myFICO has their program but it is expensive compared to the others, benefit is that it gives you the whole picture and all of your FICO scores. 

Starting Score-(01/2017): FICO ||EX:575--EQ:549--TU:588||
Current Score--(04/2018): FICO ||EX:686--EQ:697--TU:715||

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can also get a “discount” price for MyFico if you pay 12 mo up-front. It comes out to ~$29.59/mo for the same as the monthly $39.95 subscription.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.