cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Trident Asset Management

tag

Help! Trident Asset Management

Ok so I saw I had an account listed with Trident management for an old electric bill. To make a long story short, I lost my job couldn't afford the house I lived in or the bills, used what I had in savings to get into a new place that I could afford and never got around to catching back up on the old bills. After reading on here that Trident was easy to work with if you call them but they don't respond to letters I decided to give them a call and request a PFD. I was careful not to acknowledge the debt and only say that I was willing to settle the account in exchange for having it deleted from my account. They offered me a settlement amount in exchange for marking it PIF. I rejected it and told them that I had never received a bill (which I hadn't) and was not acknowledging that the debt was mine. They said they would send me a letter explaining my rights and the settlement offer in writing and that my only 2 options were to dispute within 30 days or pay the settlement amount. My question is what should be my next step. If I pay the settlement ammount will that start the statute of limitations all over? It's already a 4 year old debt. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Help! Trident Asset Management

@strivingforbetter wrote:

Ok so I saw I had an account listed with Trident management for an old electric bill. To make a long story short, I lost my job couldn't afford the house I lived in or the bills, used what I had in savings to get into a new place that I could afford and never got around to catching back up on the old bills. After reading on here that Trident was easy to work with if you call them but they don't respond to letters I decided to give them a call and request a PFD. I was careful not to acknowledge the debt and only say that I was willing to settle the account in exchange for having it deleted from my account. They offered me a settlement amount in exchange for marking it PIF. I rejected it and told them that I had never received a bill (which I hadn't) and was not acknowledging that the debt was mine. They said they would send me a letter explaining my rights and the settlement offer in writing and that my only 2 options were to dispute within 30 days or pay the settlement amount. My question is what should be my next step. If I pay the settlement ammount will that start the statute of limitations all over? It's already a 4 year old debt. 

If you paid it, there wouldn't be a SOL, they can't sue you for $0.  I think you are confusing SOL with CRTP.  And no, it wouldn't reset the clock, it would still be a 4 year old debt and be excluded in 3 more years.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.