cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Trying to get a mortgage- BUT disputes may be a problem How do I remove disputes from my CR??

tag
pmac2014
Valued Member

Help! Trying to get a mortgage- BUT disputes may be a problem How do I remove disputes from my CR??

Hi All

I've spent the last 15 months cleaning up, paying off & disputing everything I can on my CR. Now that my scores have gone up I would like to appy for a home loan.  However, I've read on some of these forums that if there are disputes on your CR, the lender won't approve you! That means I have a PROBLEM!! I have about 7 accounts that says the following:

-Consumer disputes after resolution

-Dispute resolved.  Conumer disagrees

-Consumer disputes this account information

-Account information disputed by consumer

All of these (and several more!)  were disputed back in April 2014. Some of which were resolved to my satisfaction and some were not. These last 7 or so are still listed as above and I need to get them off.  How do I go about removing these in the quickest possible way? Do I call the CRA's? And if so what do I say? Is there a form I should mail or fax?  I've read so many different posts that I am now confused. Can someone please explain to me how to remove these  so that I can start on this ASAP! 

Thanks for all the great advice & information I've received from this FICO communitySmiley Happy

pmac14

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help! Trying to get a mortgage- BUT disputes may be a problem How do I remove disputes from my C

you can call the CRAs and have dispute information removed. It may take a couple calls and a couple weeks for the info to update.

Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Help! Trying to get a mortgage- BUT disputes may be a problem How do I remove disputes from my C

A prior dispute is a fact.

There are no provisions in the FCRA for deletion of accurate information.

You would be requesting that they delete factual information from your file.

There are provisions of the FCRA and of the direct dispute rules that depend upon whether the consumer has previously filed a dispute.

That includes reinsertion of previously deleted info, and a second or subsequent dispute that is substantailly the same as a prior dispute.

Thus, arbitrary deletion by the CRA would potentially effect their ability to evaluate other provisions of the statute.

I highly doubt that the CRA will agree to deletion of that info from your file.

AS an aside, has a lendor told you that a prior, resolved dispute must be deleted?

I have seen them require resolution of all disputes, and thus removal of a pending dispute flag, but not deletion of any record of prior, resolved disputes......

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

^^^^Agreed. The lender might require that any "pending" open disputes be completed/resolved, but there shouldn't be any issue with a notation that an account has previously been disputed. Just make sure that any disputes you have filed with the CRA's are completed prior to applying for the mortgage.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.