cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help - Unauthorized HARD Inquiry on my credit report?

tag
Shann0n_marie
Frequent Contributor

Help - Unauthorized HARD Inquiry on my credit report?

I have an account with Worldmark by Wyndham which is a paid account but is reporting some late payments back in 2011 prior to paying off in full.  They show NO payment history over the life of the 7 year loan, with the exception of these late payment dates.

In any case, I'd contacted the loan dept for them to see if they could remove the loan completely due to the age of the account and that it's been paid in full.

Now I just got a notification from Equifax that TODAY a HARD INQUIRY has been made on my credit?? WITHOUT my permission of course and why couldn't they have done a soft pull if needed?

What can I do about this?

Since your last update on May 19, 2015, 1 inquiry has been added to your credit report.

Lender Industry Inquiry Date Reported By
WYNDHAM RESORT DEVELPersonal Services (Non-Medical)May 19, 2015Equifax
2/8/19 - CH 7 BK filed
5/15/19 -Discharged
Scores at Discharge: 550 EQ 471 TU 509 EXP (Last Updated 5/11)
5/16/19 - Rebuild Started - App'ed for Credit One - Approved for $2,000 starting line! (Increased to $2200 the following month)
6/7/19 - 606 EQ 544 TU 566 EXP - New CC reported w/ $75 Balance
12/10/19 - 616 EQ 581 TU 592 EXP

8/28/2021 - 698 EQ 670 TU 674EXP
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help - Unauthorized HARD Inquiry on my credit report?

@Shann0n_marie wrote:

I have an account with Worldmark by Wyndham which is a paid account but is reporting some late payments back in 2011 prior to paying off in full.  They show NO payment history over the life of the 7 year loan, with the exception of these late payment dates.

In any case, I'd contacted the loan dept for them to see if they could remove the loan completely due to the age of the account and that it's been paid in full.

Now I just got a notification from Equifax that TODAY a HARD INQUIRY has been made on my credit?? WITHOUT my permission of course and why couldn't they have done a soft pull if needed?

What can I do about this?

Since your last update on May 19, 2015, 1 inquiry has been added to your credit report.

Lender Industry Inquiry Date Reported By
WYNDHAM RESORT DEVELPersonal Services (Non-Medical)May 19, 2015Equifax

Not the best dept. to contact about removing tradelines.  You need to call back and speak to customer service or the EO and explain your situation and ask that they remove the inquiry. 

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Help - Unauthorized HARD Inquiry on my credit report?

Once you have repaid the debt, they no longer have an internal account review permissible purpose under section 604, and thus no basis fo pull your credit report.

I would file a formal complaint with the CFPB for an improper statement of permissible purpose and thus unauthorized pull of your credit report.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.