cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Understanding Collections on Credit Report

tag
sobossy28

Help Understanding Collections on Credit Report

I have 3 collections posted as of recent but the accounts are older. I thought i understood what it meant but I am reading more from the forums (thanks!) and seem to be getting confused. I want to determine the date I opened the accounts, the date it was sent to collection, the date it was last active (SOL) and if it is being reported every month or not.  

This is from a report pulled by a lender April 29,2014

1. Midland Funding for an old GE Capital account - I think wal mart- cant remember. This is what it is showing

Opened 2/2009 and reported 3/2014, last active 8/2008 and reviewed 55 months. Term 1 month. $314

2. IC System from 1st Choice Power, reported 10/2013 and opened 12/2012, reviewed 8 months and listed as installment account, terms 1 month. $2,699

3. IC System from ATT, reported 3/2014, opened 1/2014, reviewed 1  month and terms of 1 month. $40

I want to understand better so I can know how to remove from credit.

Any assistance you can provide will be helpful. thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Help Understanding Collections on Credit Report

@sobossy28 wrote:

I have 3 collections posted as of recent but the accounts are older. I thought i understood what it meant but I am reading more from the forums (thanks!) and seem to be getting confused. I want to determine the date I opened the accounts, the date it was sent to collection, the date it was last active (SOL) and if it is being reported every month or not.  

This is from a report pulled by a lender April 29,2014

1. Midland Funding for an old GE Capital account - I think wal mart- cant remember. This is what it is showing

Opened 2/2009 and reported 3/2014, last active 8/2008 and reviewed 55 months. Term 1 month. $314

2. IC System from 1st Choice Power, reported 10/2013 and opened 12/2012, reviewed 8 months and listed as installment account, terms 1 month. $2,699

3. IC System from ATT, reported 3/2014, opened 1/2014, reviewed 1  month and terms of 1 month. $40

I want to understand better so I can know how to remove from credit.

Any assistance you can provide will be helpful. thanks!

The key date that states SOL & CRTP runs from is the DOFD set by the OC, you need to look at the OCs listings to find this date. The date opened on the CA listings is just the date they received the collection but they have to operate from the OCs DOFD. When you find this date then you would find out what states SOL is on each of these and its determination will dictate how you are going to respond to each CA. If any of these CAs are reporting a payment history that is a violation of law only the OC can report a payment history.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.