Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Understanding My CR

tag
pazimmer610
Established Member

Help Understanding My CR

New to site and looking for help starting my "garden" haha.

Just pulled all three reports as well as myFICO score (all are listed in sig). Im having a little trouble understanding/deciphering my report. I Have paid off all collections debt, and am current/paying as agreed on all my account. One thing I have noticed is with some of the collection accounts I have, it is listed twice showing basically two derogs but its the same account. Is this normal? Can I dispute the way it is being reported? It also appears like my federal student loan has bounced around a few different offices but shows paid as agreed. Can these be disputed the way they are reported? Also would like some advice on house to get my scores to start climbing.

I have had some late payments (2 30 day and 2 60 day) on my Wells Fargo Student loan but have been early/ontime for the last 6 months. As well as one 90 day on my federal loan but again on time/early for last 6 months.

Car loan- never missed a payment never been late (2 years into 4 year loan)

Just got approved for $450 limit on Cap1 secured card waiting for card to arrive 

Any help/advice greatly appreciated.

TU- 529 (1.08.14)
EX - 579 (1.08.14)
EQ - 633 (1.08.14)
myFICO - 560 (1.08.14)

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Help Understanding My CR

Collections listed twice but same company or different? These can definitely be disputed. Send GWs to any account with late pays. Getting thr Cap 1 secured with help your scores. Pay on time and keep util low. Wouldnt hurt to pick up one more secured. Let one card report $0 balance and the second less than 9%. Good luck!
Message 2 of 5
pazimmer610
Established Member

Listed with the OC as well as the CA. Quick question about Util, is this based on the actual statement balance when? What if I charge 50% on the card and pay it off before the statement would that show as 50% utilization? Any help tips greatly appreciated/ 

Any reccomndation on some other secured cards out there?

TU- 529 (1.08.14)
EX - 579 (1.08.14)
EQ - 633 (1.08.14)
myFICO - 560 (1.08.14)

Message 3 of 5
baller4life
Super Contributor

Usually when the OC sells the debt to a CA the balance is $0. Are they both showing the same un paid balance. The util that gets reported is what matters. Be aware of your statement cut date and pay before then. Your statement balance is what gets reported. Bank of America has a great secured card and it graduates. SDFCU offers secured without a hp.
Message 4 of 5
pazimmer610
Established Member

It may be the name of the game but it seems a little unfair to have two derogs for the same account. Is this normal?

I was looking into the BOA Secured card but have heard of denials (for a secured card? whats the point of the deposit?) so didnt was to HP my credit for the denial. I figured I would get 6 months of good payment history under my belt and then apply for that one or the WF Secured. Should I wait or go ahead and pull the trigger?

TU- 529 (1.08.14)
EX - 579 (1.08.14)
EQ - 633 (1.08.14)
myFICO - 560 (1.08.14)

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.