cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Wanted, Looking for strategies, actions, and examples on credit improvement!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help Wanted, Looking for strategies, actions, and examples on credit improvement!!

Hey guys I'm new to the MyFico community, and i'm looking for some insight/ direction on improving my credit scores. Outside of Federal Student Loans I do not have much debt. I believe I have enough excess income(I live very modest) to improve my score over the next 12 -24months with some strategical assistance from the board. My credit is reported as "fair" accross the board, but in the eyes of most lenders Im probably considered "poor".

1 yr goals: 640's across the board, low interest car loan.
2.5 year goals: 700's across the board, home loan.

Heres a quick credit profile for me (1/30/2015): Transunion 597; Equifax 581; Experian 599.
Trans: Payment history - good, amount of debt- poor , length of credit- good, amount of new credit- poor.
Equi: Payment history - good, amount of debt-poor, length of credit-good, amount of new credit - fair
Ex: Payment history - good, amount of debt-poor, length of credit-good, amount of new credit- poor

I believe the negative indicators are whats realy hurting my scores.

Collections: Trans: 7 items totaling $2011, Equi: 6 items totaling $1795, Ex: 3 items totaling $830
The Original date of deliquency range from 2- 5 years. There is a lot, but they are all pretty small. I was possible thinking pay for delete?

I currently only have 3 credit cards - Capitol One $300 limit, Walmart $300 limit, and Buckle $250. Also for what ever reason I have a Verizon wireless account showing as a revolving account on my credit report see http://tinyurl.com/pwe7bxt. At the time I pulled my report the 3 cards were basically maxed, I've since reduced the balances to about 17% of credit limit.
Sorry about the long write up, but hopefully I was able to get my message across clearly enough. Thanks in advance and any advice is much appreciated!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Pway
Valued Contributor

Re: Help Wanted, Looking for strategies, actions, and examples on credit improvement!!

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys I'm new to the MyFico community, and i'm looking for some insight/ direction on improving my credit scores. Outside of Federal Student Loans I do not have much debt. I believe I have enough excess income(I live very modest) to improve my score over the next 12 -24months with some strategical assistance from the board. My credit is reported as "fair" accross the board, but in the eyes of most lenders Im probably considered "poor".

1 yr goals: 640's across the board, low interest car loan.
2.5 year goals: 700's across the board, home loan.

Heres a quick credit profile for me (1/30/2015): Transunion 597; Equifax 581; Experian 599.
Trans: Payment history - good, amount of debt- poor , length of credit- good, amount of new credit- poor.
Equi: Payment history - good, amount of debt-poor, length of credit-good, amount of new credit - fair
Ex: Payment history - good, amount of debt-poor, length of credit-good, amount of new credit- poor

I believe the negative indicators are whats realy hurting my scores.

Collections: Trans: 7 items totaling $2011, Equi: 6 items totaling $1795, Ex: 3 items totaling $830
The Original date of deliquency range from 2- 5 years. There is a lot, but they are all pretty small. I was possible thinking pay for delete?  Yes I would try the PFD on those collection accounts.  Those collection accounts are hurting your scores as well.  

I currently only have 3 credit cards - Capitol One $300 limit, Walmart $300 limit, and Buckle $250. Also for what ever reason I have a Verizon wireless account showing as a revolving account on my credit report see http://tinyurl.com/pwe7bxt. At the time I pulled my report the 3 cards were basically maxed, I've since reduced the balances to about 17% of credit limit.
Sorry about the long write up, but hopefully I was able to get my message across clearly enough. Thanks in advance and any advice is much appreciated!

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help Wanted, Looking for strategies, actions, and examples on credit improvement!!

I don't know about the Walmart and Buckle cards, but if you use the hell out of that Cap One card, pay it down multiple times during the month, and pay all but $20 just before the statement date, then pay the rest a day or two later, as long as the other two report $0 balance, you will maximize your FICO UTI% calculation. If you do this for a couple of months Cap One will likely increase your credit limit.

Use the card everywhere you would normally use cash or debit card for, and just go online and pay it when it posts.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.