Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! What to attack first?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help! What to attack first?

Hey everyone, Still trying to find the best plan of attack. I have a few questions.....

Should I attack derogs first or charge offs? or should I work them simultaneously?

I have 4 derogs on my account (which don't fall off anytime soon): 

• Amerifinancial Solution (Medical) (CA)-$1,146
  • Amerifinancial Solution (Medical) (CA)-$ 72
  • Business Revenue Systems (Medical) (CA)-$138
  • Portfolio Recovery (Cap one) (CA)-$1,299

-Should I request a PFD for all the derog accounts? The only one set to fall off soon is PRS and soon being 09/2017.

-As far as the medical collections are concerned, should I deal directly with the OC or request a PFD from the CA?

-What's the best way to go about a Charge off set to "fall off" within the next two years?

Any advice would be much appreciated! Thank You in advance.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Help! What to attack first?

Send letter to PRA debt validation for cap one. They just lost a settlement with CFPB for not having proper documentation. When I asked for validation of debt, they always sent fraud paperwork. This was part of the complaint. My debt was an invalid repo done by cap one auto finance.

PRA will probably not give full itemized bill from original creditor, they are required to have statements and contracts. Debt buyers usually do not pay, they buy bulk collection sheets, it costs much more than pennies on the dollar to get that paperwork.

If it is past the SOL (and my debt was over 5k), and you do not get all documents needed, go to CFPB with complaint invalid debt due to lack of proof. You will win within a month. Research, dispute debt, and insist on refusal to pay. (I had legal grounds, but they are still required to have the documents, and they can not be calling cell phone, especially robo call, and phone number changed since last time account opened).

PRA will close the account, and remove from credit reports. Then, you can settle with Cap One if you like. PRA is not allowed to sell the debt. They also have a five or six year oversight period, so strike while the iron is hot.

Why do I suggest this? Because PRA will NEVER pay for delete, and they like to say they settle, then back pedal to reset SOL.

Medical debts are easy. If you income was under 30k during the time period, or currently, you qualify for charity care. Do some research via Google on your state laws and charity care, it is a national program. They can back date the charity care up to seven years.

You call the providers, if they accept medicaire, then they need to offer charity care. It may take awhile, but you usually start with some department called patient financial counseling. I wouldn ONLY PFD the small ones, try to get the big one wrote off.

I did all my medical PFDs and charity care back dates over the phone. You want human interaction here. If no luck with charity, nor PFD, then Google whychats Hippa process. I successfully studied sll the laws and processes, and removed thousands of dollars that ran with drop off dates through 2019.

Signature needs updating
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Before you do anything google the HIPAA Letter Process for the medical collections.  Follow the process exactlit exactly as laid out.  If you have any problems finding the website or have questions PM me.

Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

When did they send dunning notice?

A DV may no longer be timely.

Before offering to pay, what is the SOL status on each debt?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure they ever sent me any dunning notices that I can remeber. I'm not sure what you mean by sol status. SOL in the state of FL I believe is 4.5 years. 

-Amerifinancial $1,146 was placed in collection on 3/3/14..Set to fall off on 08/2020

-Amerifinancial $72 was placed in collection on 1/2/13..Set to fall off on 05/2019

-BRS $138 was placed in collection on 1/20/14..Set to fall off on 08/2020

-PRS $12/99 was placed in collection on 12/23/13..Set to fall off on 09/2017

This is according to my TU CR. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.