Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! What to do with Collections

tag
Mike987
New Visitor

Help! What to do with Collections

My college daughter took out a Cap One card and struggled paying for it. It appears they have issued a Charge Off and it went to collections to First Source Advantage. They called her and I assume told her to pay or it will mess up her credit even more so she agreed to a payment plan for the full amount. She said they told her if she pays it off then it will show as being paid on her Cap One Credit report.

My question is what is her best approach to this? Should she continue to pay the collections agency? If she doesnt pay the collections agency what could happen...since Cap One has already charged it off can she get hit twice? Is there any truth to what they told her that the Cap One CO will get removed?

I don't have any background with this to offer any assistance so hoping that someone out here can offer some suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
LShawn08
Frequent Contributor

Re: Help! What to do with Collections

IMO I'd tell her to call back and tell them she wishes to do for a pay for deletion. She doesn't want this showing up at all! She can still do the installment payments and at the end of it, it will be wiped from her CR.
Starting Score:TU:791(Dec3), EX:783, EQ:000
Current Score: TU:786(Aug9), EX:776, EQ:782 (Aug8)
Goal Score:820 across all boards

If all pork chops were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs! -Steven Universe
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.