Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! What to do with this CA?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help! What to do with this CA?

The collection agency that I faxed yesterday (followed up my US mail) a Pay For Delete called me today and said it is there policy not to send anyone a PFD agreement before the item was paid and that I can pay it by credit cardBut thanks to this forum, I am two days wiser than before (-: 

I told her that I couldn't do that and seriously, I never knew this $176 was in collectionI simply wouldn't allow my credit to be devastated and destroyed for $176.   I explained to her that after my 12/2007 accident at FL Park, and with delays of insurance paying because of where it happened, I turned all over to an Attorney to deal the medical bills and the Park because I got a teaching position in South Korea from 2008 to mid 2010I leased out my house, left for Korea with change of address in mid 2008, wasn't getting any mail during that time, then found out Attorney dropped the case in 2010 for whatever reason leaving me with a big mess to deal with

She said, " if you send me something to show you were in Korea (I can) and something from the attorney (I can) than I can take it to management and we could consider getting this deleted after you payI will call you back on Tuesday."   Consider? Hmmm...

So I will fax her the information that she requestBut if she comes back and says that, yes indeed, they will delete this after I pay ... Then, what do I do???

I know you have said Certified Check  for these situations but I won't know that they have cashed it.   My thinking is to use one of my Own checks with some sort of clause on it that is bindable... but I don't know what I would say or even if you think this would work...  

Maybe a statement like, "Cashing of this check confirms your agreement to fully delete this from all credit bureaus"

Please help with your opinionAnd if you think Check idea is o.k., please share any statement that you might have seen as effective.

Thank you all for your kindness and time..

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: Help! What to do with this CA?

You have her email you something in writing that says upon receipt of payment in the amount of XXX your credit report will be updated with a delete. 

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 2 of 5
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Sorry I dont know enough about check endorsments, to help you with this.

So, I did a forums search for you about restrictive endorsments , hope this helps.Smiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The collection agency that I faxed yesterday (followed up my US mail) a Pay For Delete called me today and said it is there policy not to send anyone a PFD agreement before the item was paid and that I can pay it by credit cardBut thanks to this forum, I am two days wiser than before (-: 

I told her that I couldn't do that and seriously, I never knew this $176 was in collectionI simply wouldn't allow my credit to be devastated and destroyed for $176.   I explained to her that after my 12/2007 accident at FL Park, and with delays of insurance paying because of where it happened, I turned all over to an Attorney to deal the medical bills and the Park because I got a teaching position in South Korea from 2008 to mid 2010I leased out my house, left for Korea with change of address in mid 2008, wasn't getting any mail during that time, then found out Attorney dropped the case in 2010 for whatever reason leaving me with a big mess to deal with

She said, " if you send me something to show you were in Korea (I can) and something from the attorney (I can) than I can take it to management and we could consider getting this deleted after you payI will call you back on Tuesday."   Consider? Hmmm...

So I will fax her the information that she requestBut if she comes back and says that, yes indeed, they will delete this after I pay ... Then, what do I do???

I know you have said Certified Check  for these situations but I won't know that they have cashed it.   My thinking is to use one of my Own checks with some sort of clause on it that is bindable... but I don't know what I would say or even if you think this would work...  

Maybe a statement like, "Cashing of this check confirms your agreement to fully delete this from all credit bureaus"

Please help with your opinionAnd if you think Check idea is o.k., please share any statement that you might have seen as effective.

Thank you all for your kindness and time..

Restrictive endorsements rarely work unless you already have an agreement between the parties.

If they agree to a PFD, then a restrictive endorsement can be used as confirmation of an oral contract.  If no previous agreement exists, in the vast majority of states they can still cash the check and ignore your restrictive endorsement.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you O6 and Lightnin for taking you time to help me .... I am overwhelmed with gratitude seeing all the info regarding restrictive endorsements.. and I will make sure there is an agreement first ...   thank you again !

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.