cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help With Cleaning Up Credit Reports, Old Collection Records, Some Charge Offs

tag
knightlynews
Contributor

Re: Help With Cleaning Up Credit Reports, Old Collection Records, Some Charge Offs

What do you write in the GW letters? Does anyone have success with calling the companies and requesting? Or, is writing better?

Starting Score: 548
Current Score: EX686EQ682,TU???
Goal Score: 760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 11 of 15
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Help With Cleaning Up Credit Reports, Old Collection Records, Some Charge Offs

@DonJ0322 wrote:

So even though some the original creditors settled up or sold off the accounts, at this point the basic GW letter is all I can do?

Also, is it the standard procedure for GW letters to simply mail them to the account shown on the credit report?

Thanks

Settled is paid.  If they sold the accounts and you paid the CA you can still ask for a GW because even though they sold the debt their TL is still reporting.  And the debt was paid to the CA.

Yes, mail to the address on your CR.

Message 12 of 15
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@knightlynews wrote:
What do you write in the GW letters? Does anyone have success with calling the companies and requesting? Or, is writing better?

You can.  Yes, there has been success by calling.

Message 13 of 15
Melanie220
Frequent Contributor

I am dealing with creditor collections bureau now. Did you pay those accounts in full? If so I have a direct contact there that I can give you the contact info for.
Message 14 of 15
Melanie220
Frequent Contributor

Escallate should also be easy to remove have been dealing with them a whole lot too. Have you called them and ask them to remove the accounts? They are really very easy to deal with? You must be pretty close to me we have the same collections accounts lol
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.