tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help With Collections!!

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@RobertEG wrote:

I concur with Norman.

Send the CRA proof of your current NYS residency, and request exclusion based on the shorter NYS period of 5 years for a paid CO/collection.

Okay! I'll be sure to send that out today also!

Called experian!! The paid AFNI will be removed in 24-48 hours!!! I apprciate all this help so much!

Hmmm problem! I just received confirmation from experian that the account was removed, as well as a copy of my report and my one big collection from Pinnacle soft pulled my credit on 8/20/15... They havent contacted me in at least a year maybe even 2 and it is still in sol. not sure why they would soft pull but it has me worried

Message 21 of 34
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@RobertEG wrote:

I concur with Norman.

Send the CRA proof of your current NYS residency, and request exclusion based on the shorter NYS period of 5 years for a paid CO/collection.

Called experian!! The paid AFNI will be removed in 24-48 hours!!! I apprciate all this help so much!

Hmmm problem! I just received confirmation from experian that the account was removed, as well as a copy of my report and my one big collection from Pinnacle soft pulled my credit on 8/20/15... They havent contacted me in at least a year maybe even 2 and it is still in sol. not sure why they would soft pull but it has me worried

Your "collection score" most likely hit a target they had submitted to the CRA. They get informed when their parameters are hit automatically.

Message 22 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@RobertEG wrote:

I concur with Norman.

Your "collection score" most likely hit a target they had submitted to the CRA. They get informed when their parameters are hit automatically.

I just read on here that the federal sol for cell phone bills is only 2 years, so does that put me in a strong position to send a pfd?

Message 23 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@RobertEG wrote:

I concur with Norman.

I just read on here that the federal sol for cell phone bills is only 2 years, so does that put me in a strong position to send a pfd?

UPDATE!! so under federal US Code 47, Chapter 5 sec 415 sol for cell phone is 2 years and they have 2 years to begin collection activity. The DOFD with the oc was 9/10 and collections didnt report untill 12/13 (over 2 years) so would a phone call to the CRA stating that it violates US Code 47, Chapter 5 get this removed??

Message 24 of 34
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@RobertEG wrote:

I concur with Norman.

UPDATE!! so under federal US Code 47, Chapter 5 sec 415 sol for cell phone is 2 years and they have 2 years to begin collection activity. The DOFD with the oc was 9/10 and collections didnt report untill 12/13 (over 2 years) so would a phone call to the CRA stating that it violates US Code 47, Chapter 5 get this removed??

No, SOL has nothing to do with the time a derog can  remain on your CR that is set by the FCRA and sometimes in individual state laws. That SOL doesnt apply to the end user and is for billings between carriers only.

Message 25 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

But it says they have to attempt to collect before 2 years, they didnt start until more than 3 years later

Message 26 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well it has been just a little over a month since I've started my rebuilding journey. My scores have greatly imporved and are all in the 500's!!! Smiley Happy I'm still waiting for the Ford lease to report. I've send DV and got one collection removed becasue they said the account was closed. The other sent a PIF so I responded with a PFD. I'm excited to see my scores rise even more and I'm trying to get my TU to a 600 by december! Its currently at 543 and I hope I can make that happen! I appricate all the help this website has given me and I'm so glad to be on this rebuilding journey! I never though it'd be possible to see my score jump 50 points in just one month!! Goodluck to everyone else!

Message 27 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you have any success removing Pinnacle Crd from your report?

Message 28 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I havent attempted yet since its still in SOL and I dont want to bring it up to them. I've had sucess removing a few though!

Message 29 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Down to only one collection on my reports and its pinnacle, they removed it suddenly from equifax on 11/28 (just noticed) but it still shows up on tu and ex? What does this mean?
Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.