Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help With IRS Form 12277 Tax Lien Removal

tag
xecutech
Contributor

Help With IRS Form 12277 Tax Lien Removal

Getting ready to file form 12277 to have some liens removed, but not sure if I have to do seperate forms for me and my wife, and then 1 form per lien on them?

We filed jointly, and have about 3 lienes left. We have our bank draft payment plan up and running, so I know this is the next step to clean this mess up. I just need to know if I have to send multiple forms to do this?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
xecutech
Contributor

Re: Help With IRS Form 12277 Tax Lien Removal

Bump.

I also need the address to mail the forms to?

Message 2 of 13
DaBears
Senior Contributor

You will need to call the IRS and find out and as far as the addresses for the CRA's they will be listed on your credit reports.

Message 3 of 13
SJ02
Established Member

DaBears is correct!   I had a successful 12277 my loans were completely paid for.  When you said that your bank draft payment were up and running what did that mean?  Are you still paying on them?

Starting Score: 492
Current Score: EQ615
Current Score: EX579
Fako (Credit Sesame) Score: 689
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 13
xecutech
Contributor

The IRS will now remove liens while your on a payment plan for under $25k and you have auto payments from your bank account.

Message 5 of 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I had 3 removed last year. I faxed and snail mailed the forms to IRS and when I received the withdrawal, I did the same to each bureau. Ex and Tu took it off immediately. Sadly, I had to walk EQ through it- they came back with the numbers didn't match. Took a long phone call but it was removed. Whole process took less than a month.

Good luck!
Message 6 of 13
sjt
Senior Contributor

@xecutech wrote:

The IRS will now remove liens while your on a payment plan for under $25k and you have auto payments from your bank account.

The IRS actually raised the limit to $50K. Auto drafts from bank accounts still apply.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 7 of 13
PrettyPeacock
Contributor

@xecutech wrote:

Getting ready to file form 12277 to have some liens removed, but not sure if I have to do seperate forms for me and my wife, and then 1 form per lien on them?

We filed jointly, and have about 3 lienes left. We have our bank draft payment plan up and running, so I know this is the next step to clean this mess up. I just need to know if I have to send multiple forms to do this?

I just had this done about a month or so ago and you will need to do seperate forms for each tax lien and I do believe you will need to do it for both you and your wife.  The form is found here

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f12277.pdf

and the address to mail them to is dependent on where you live in the country.  You will mail it to your IRS Advisory Group Manager (and you can google the person for your area and get their phone number to ask them questions)  I ended up having to talk to my guy because of a small descrepency on my 2007 taxes that was taken care of the next day.  But a list of the addresses is found here

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p4235.pdf

Good luck and like Lexie09 said it should be taken care of quickly.  If you include a letter with your form 12277 to the IRS and tell them you want them to send a copy of the withdrawl papers to the 3 CRAs they should as long as you include the addresses for the CRAs.  I too had to have a little phone convo with Equifax but in a week or so they got it taken care of.

Good luck.

4/13 CS from TU 599 11/3/13 Current FICO TU: 672, EQ 680
Negs: BK charged-off Jan '09, KS tax lien PAID, but still trying to figure out how to get it removed and 10 IIB accounts
Happiness: Merrick $750  |  Cap One $300  |  USBank $300  |  Victoria's Secret $500  |  The Buckle $250  |  JCrew $250  |  Express $250  |  Cap One $2000(AU)  |  Fingerhut $850 | Kohls (AU) $3000
Goals are 760 to buy a home & to stay in the Garden til 2/14
Message 8 of 13
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@PrettyPeacock wrote:

@xecutech wrote:

I just had this done about a month or so ago and you will need to do seperate forms for each tax lien and I do believe you will need to do it for both you and your wife.  The form is found here

and the address to mail them to is dependent on where you live in the country.  You will mail it to your IRS Advisory Group Manager (and you can google the person for your area and get their phone number to ask them questions)  I ended up having to talk to my guy because of a small descrepency on my 2007 taxes that was taken care of the next day.  But a list of the addresses is found here

Good luck and like Lexie09 said it should be taken care of quickly.  If you include a letter with your form 12277 to the IRS and tell them you want them to send a copy of the withdrawl papers to the 3 CRAs they should as long as you include the addresses for the CRAs.  I too had to have a little phone convo with Equifax but in a week or so they got it taken care of.

Good luck.

This is a very informative post.  Thank you.

Message 9 of 13
PrettyPeacock
Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

@PrettyPeacock wrote:

@xecutech wrote:

Good luck.

This is a very informative post.  Thank you.

Thanks Guiness56, I feel like I ask a lot of questions and it felt good to have an answer for once.  Everyone here is so helpful.

4/13 CS from TU 599 11/3/13 Current FICO TU: 672, EQ 680
Negs: BK charged-off Jan '09, KS tax lien PAID, but still trying to figure out how to get it removed and 10 IIB accounts
Happiness: Merrick $750  |  Cap One $300  |  USBank $300  |  Victoria's Secret $500  |  The Buckle $250  |  JCrew $250  |  Express $250  |  Cap One $2000(AU)  |  Fingerhut $850 | Kohls (AU) $3000
Goals are 760 to buy a home & to stay in the Garden til 2/14
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.