Reply
Contributor
Posts: 93
Registered: ‎03-26-2013
0

Help With IRS Form 12277 Tax Lien Removal

Getting ready to file form 12277 to have some liens removed, but not sure if I have to do seperate forms for me and my wife, and then 1 form per lien on them?

 

We filed jointly, and have about 3 lienes left. We have our bank draft payment plan up and running, so I know this is the next step to clean this mess up. I just need to know if I have to send multiple forms to do this?

Contributor
Posts: 93
Registered: ‎03-26-2013
0

Re: Help With IRS Form 12277 Tax Lien Removal

Bump.

 

I also need the address to mail the forms to?

Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,930
Registered: ‎10-26-2012
0

Re: Help With IRS Form 12277 Tax Lien Removal

You will need to call the IRS and find out and as far as the addresses for the CRA's they will be listed on your credit reports.

Established Member
Posts: 22
Registered: ‎08-22-2012
0

Re: Help With IRS Form 12277 Tax Lien Removal

DaBears is correct!   I had a successful 12277 my loans were completely paid for.  When you said that your bank draft payment were up and running what did that mean?  Are you still paying on them?


Starting Score: 492
Current Score: EQ615
Current Score: EX579
Fako (Credit Sesame) Score: 689
Goal Score: 700


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Contributor
Posts: 93
Registered: ‎03-26-2013
0

Re: Help With IRS Form 12277 Tax Lien Removal

The IRS will now remove liens while your on a payment plan for under $25k and you have auto payments from your bank account.

Moderator
Posts: 27,207
Registered: ‎09-13-2012
0

Re: Help With IRS Form 12277 Tax Lien Removal

I had 3 removed last year. I faxed and snail mailed the forms to IRS and when I received the withdrawal, I did the same to each bureau. Ex and Tu took it off immediately. Sadly, I had to walk EQ through it- they came back with the numbers didn't match. Took a long phone call but it was removed. Whole process took less than a month.

Good luck!
Established Contributor
Posts: 828
Registered: ‎05-05-2010
0

Re: Help With IRS Form 12277 Tax Lien Removal


xecutech wrote:

The IRS will now remove liens while your on a payment plan for under $25k and you have auto payments from your bank account.


The IRS actually raised the limit to $50K. Auto drafts from bank accounts still apply.

Contributor
Posts: 85
Registered: ‎06-03-2013
0

Re: Help With IRS Form 12277 Tax Lien Removal


xecutech wrote:

Getting ready to file form 12277 to have some liens removed, but not sure if I have to do seperate forms for me and my wife, and then 1 form per lien on them?

 

We filed jointly, and have about 3 lienes left. We have our bank draft payment plan up and running, so I know this is the next step to clean this mess up. I just need to know if I have to send multiple forms to do this?


I just had this done about a month or so ago and you will need to do seperate forms for each tax lien and I do believe you will need to do it for both you and your wife.  The form is found here

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f12277.pdf

and the address to mail them to is dependent on where you live in the country.  You will mail it to your IRS Advisory Group Manager (and you can google the person for your area and get their phone number to ask them questions)  I ended up having to talk to my guy because of a small descrepency on my 2007 taxes that was taken care of the next day.  But a list of the addresses is found here

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p4235.pdf

 

Good luck and like Lexie09 said it should be taken care of quickly.  If you include a letter with your form 12277 to the IRS and tell them you want them to send a copy of the withdrawl papers to the 3 CRAs they should as long as you include the addresses for the CRAs.  I too had to have a little phone convo with Equifax but in a week or so they got it taken care of.

Good luck.


4/13 CS from TU 599 11/3/13 Current FICO TU: 672, EQ 680
Negs: BK charged-off Jan '09, KS tax lien PAID, but still trying to figure out how to get it removed and 10 IIB accounts
Happiness: Merrick $750  |  Cap One $300  |  USBank $300  |  Victoria's Secret $500  |  The Buckle $250  |  JCrew $250  |  Express $250  |  Cap One $2000(AU)  |  Fingerhut $850 | Kohls (AU) $3000
Goals are 760 to buy a home & to stay in the Garden til 2/14
Epic Contributor
Posts: 22,406
Registered: ‎01-17-2008
0

Re: Help With IRS Form 12277 Tax Lien Removal


PrettyPeacock wrote:

xecutech wrote:

Getting ready to file form 12277 to have some liens removed, but not sure if I have to do seperate forms for me and my wife, and then 1 form per lien on them?

 

We filed jointly, and have about 3 lienes left. We have our bank draft payment plan up and running, so I know this is the next step to clean this mess up. I just need to know if I have to send multiple forms to do this?


I just had this done about a month or so ago and you will need to do seperate forms for each tax lien and I do believe you will need to do it for both you and your wife.  The form is found here

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f12277.pdf

and the address to mail them to is dependent on where you live in the country.  You will mail it to your IRS Advisory Group Manager (and you can google the person for your area and get their phone number to ask them questions)  I ended up having to talk to my guy because of a small descrepency on my 2007 taxes that was taken care of the next day.  But a list of the addresses is found here

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p4235.pdf

 

Good luck and like Lexie09 said it should be taken care of quickly.  If you include a letter with your form 12277 to the IRS and tell them you want them to send a copy of the withdrawl papers to the 3 CRAs they should as long as you include the addresses for the CRAs.  I too had to have a little phone convo with Equifax but in a week or so they got it taken care of.

Good luck.


This is a very informative post.  Thank you.

Contributor
Posts: 85
Registered: ‎06-03-2013
0

Re: Help With IRS Form 12277 Tax Lien Removal


guiness56 wrote:

PrettyPeacock wrote:

xecutech wrote:

Getting ready to file form 12277 to have some liens removed, but not sure if I have to do seperate forms for me and my wife, and then 1 form per lien on them?

 

We filed jointly, and have about 3 lienes left. We have our bank draft payment plan up and running, so I know this is the next step to clean this mess up. I just need to know if I have to send multiple forms to do this?


I just had this done about a month or so ago and you will need to do seperate forms for each tax lien and I do believe you will need to do it for both you and your wife.  The form is found here

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f12277.pdf

and the address to mail them to is dependent on where you live in the country.  You will mail it to your IRS Advisory Group Manager (and you can google the person for your area and get their phone number to ask them questions)  I ended up having to talk to my guy because of a small descrepency on my 2007 taxes that was taken care of the next day.  But a list of the addresses is found here

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p4235.pdf

 

Good luck and like Lexie09 said it should be taken care of quickly.  If you include a letter with your form 12277 to the IRS and tell them you want them to send a copy of the withdrawl papers to the 3 CRAs they should as long as you include the addresses for the CRAs.  I too had to have a little phone convo with Equifax but in a week or so they got it taken care of.

Good luck.


This is a very informative post.  Thank you.


Thanks Guiness56, I feel like I ask a lot of questions and it felt good to have an answer for once.  Everyone here is so helpful.


4/13 CS from TU 599 11/3/13 Current FICO TU: 672, EQ 680
Negs: BK charged-off Jan '09, KS tax lien PAID, but still trying to figure out how to get it removed and 10 IIB accounts
Happiness: Merrick $750  |  Cap One $300  |  USBank $300  |  Victoria's Secret $500  |  The Buckle $250  |  JCrew $250  |  Express $250  |  Cap One $2000(AU)  |  Fingerhut $850 | Kohls (AU) $3000
Goals are 760 to buy a home & to stay in the Garden til 2/14
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.