Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help a poor credit newb .. Please!

tag
Tyrran
Established Member

Help a poor credit newb .. Please!

Good afternoon,

I have been trolling this forum for a few weeks and now feel comfortable enough to ask you "ol seasoned credit vets" a few questions. I will keep this short and to the point. I am nearly 30 and looking to purchase a home in the next year or so (or as soon as I can). My current Experian score is a 567. I have a new car that I have 22 straight perfect payments on. I am also going to open a $1,000 Navy Federal Secured Card this weekend.

Here are the three things I am trying to rid my credit report of (no need to DV, I own these lol)

1) Credit Protection Association - Dallas, TX

Account Type - Collection

Balance - $287.00

Account Status - Closed

Date Opened - 3/1/09

Payment Status - Seriously past due date / assigned to attorney, collection agency, or credit grantor's internal collection department

2) First Bank of Delaware / Continental Finance - Wilmington, DE

Account Type - Credit Card

Balance - $769.00

Account Status - Closed / Charge-Off

Date Opened - 12/1/07

Comments - Transferred to another lender or claim purchased

3) NCO Financial - Wilmington, DE

Account Type - Closed

Balance - $57.00

Account Status - Closed

Date Opened - 10/1/11

Payment Status - Seriously past due date / assigned to attorney, collection agency, or credit grantor's internal collection department

I do not mind PIF on any of these 3. I would love to PFD but I would like to hear your advise before I jump in head first.

Thank you guys for the excellent forum and your credit repair knowledge!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Help a poor credit newb .. Please!

Only #1 and #3 are DV-able, but if you want to skip that step then send PFDs.

Message 2 of 9
Tyrran
Established Member

llecs,

Thank you for a timely response. Would you recommend CMRRR or email?

Message 3 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Snail mail without the CMRRR, to start. Later on e-mail and fax.

Message 4 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

TX SOL is 4 years across the board. 

In TX a CA has to answer a DV within 30 days or they violate the TX Finance Code.  It's up to you whether to send one or not.

The First Bank of Delaware is hurting your utilization.  It actually should show a 0 balance since it is showing it was transferred to another lender or bought by someone else.  I would contact them and ask who has the debt.

If you can PIF I would ask for PFD from the 2 CAs.  I've read CPA is a hard nut to crack when it comes to PFD. 

Message 5 of 9
Tyrran
Established Member

Thanks again for both of your responses.

I, too, read on this forum that CPA can be a pain! I will contact FBoD and ask them who has my cc debt. Also, I am in WV, and I believe their SOL is 10 years.

I am planning to PFD these accounts per you guys advise! Thank you. I will provide feedback.

Message 6 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Tyrran wrote:

Thanks again for both of your responses.

I, too, read on this forum that CPA can be a pain! I will contact FBoD and ask them who has my cc debt. Also, I am in WV, and I believe their SOL is 10 years.

I am planning to PFD these accounts per you guys advise! Thank you. I will provide feedback.

LOL.  I was reading the address of the CA and for some reason I decided you were in TX.  Sorry.

Edited to add:  I believe CC debt is considered open-ended and is 5 years in WV.  Written contracts is 10 years.

Message 7 of 9
cabner
New Contributor

Do a search in here for First Bank of Delaware.  There is a court order for them to cease reporting to credit reports for folks who meet the case criteria.  If I remember correctly it's for cards opened between 2007 and 2008.  You'll find alot of info regarding them within the search. 

Good luck!

Starting Scores 12/28/2014: TU: 599 EX: 599 EQ: 568

Current Scores: TU: 675 EX: 664 EQ: 620
Message 8 of 9
Tyrran
Established Member

Cabner,

I actually did find that post and am in the process of having it removed. Thank you very much for the reply though!

This board is incredible!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.