Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help a young guy out.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help a young guy out.

Hello all,

I am 22 years old and would like to purchase my first home in the near future. I have never had a house or auto loan. I am trying to fix my credit first because I am scared that I will not qualify as of now. I have a few questions to ask.

I have a personal loan inquiry from Wells Fargo that I do not remember doing. Will it help me to dispute that to remove that off of my report?

I have 2 30 day late payments on my report. How bad are those hurting me?

Here is a collection account that I paid last week. The lady assured to me that she would take it off of my report. I don't know if it was a dumb move for me to pay first or not but it is done. Do you think they will actually remove it? It was for DirectTV. It is labeled "KD". . .

Account Name:CBE GROUP 

Account Number:XXXXXXXX 

Acct Type:Collection Department / Agency / Attorney 

Acct Status:Closed 

Monthly Payment: 

Date Open:9/1/2010 

Balance:$499.00 

Terms:1

Month  High Balance:  Limit:  Past Due:$499.00  Payment StatusSmiley Frustratederiously past due date / assigned to attorney, collection agency, or credit grantor's internal collection department  Comments: 

Please advice as to what this yougster should do! Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help a young guy out.

It looks like I should have sent them a PFD letter first. Man, I should have found this site before hand.

Message 2 of 5
mauve
Valued Contributor

How badly it hurts you is proportional to how recent it is.  Since you've paid it, if they don't delete like she said they would, go ahead and send them GW letters.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply.

It went KD in November on my report. Do they lie about their future actions on similar cases such as this? I'm sure they do.

I was thinking paid is better than KD but I believe I read that it hurts just as bad. . .

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.