Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help asset acceptance suing me!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help asset acceptance suing me!!

So finally decided to clean up my credit report. I don't have a lot of free time so I hired Lexington law to do it for me 2 months iin and they've done a pretty good job. They did all the validating and all of a sudden I get a letter taped to my front door saying I'm being sued by asset acceptance I don't really know what to do from here
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Help asset acceptance suing me!!

Who was the "letter" from?  Is it a statement from the debt collector of intent to sue, or is it an actual notice from the court?

If from the court, it should specify the period, substance, and manner of any response reqired by them.

Meanwhile, you might start thinking about a defense, the obvious one being a motion to dismiss if the debt is outside of your state SOL.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's actually from the court and debt is from 2009 should I just try to settle with them or am I screwed at this point?
Message 3 of 4
timotiger
New Contributor

In my opinion from my experience, they are just trying to force a settlement. I don't think you want a judgment on your credit so call the collector and see what you can work out. I just had the same situation for an old Capital One account that was sold to Kramer and Frank. They may tack on some additional court fees to your balance. I was still able to settle for 60%

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.