Valued Member
aDrillsgtswife09

Help-can someone please tell me if a CC can be reporting as Opened AND Closed??

Hello everyone. Looking for some insight here. I have a Equifax report pulled on the 23rd of this month. I just now noticed that Chase is reporting a CC in both opened accounts and closed accounts. I double checked account numbers and its the same. Can they do this?? The CC is active and in good standing  except for a 30 day late in Aug of 2006. From the looks of it Chase is reporting to Experian that it is open and current under " closed accounts" and open and current under "opened accounts". Any thoughts?

All those in favor of a super credit score say" ME!"
Mega Contributor
RobertEG

Re: Help-can someone please tell me if a CC can be reporting as Opened AND Closed??

Call Chase.  It is either open or closed.

Valued Member
aDrillsgtswife09

Re: Help-can someone please tell me if a CC can be reporting as Opened AND Closed??

I use the card reguarly- used it the other day in fact. Im just wondering if this is something they are allowed to do or if I can send them a letter asking them to stop reporting it as closed because as I said I use the card all the time(keeping balance low of course) :smileyhappy:

Valued Member
aDrillsgtswife09

I sent Chase a message through my message center on Chase.com regarding this. Someone wrote back and said they are fowarding the message to another department and should hear something within a day. Lets see what they have to say ;0

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}