Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help from anyone that has done a PFD..

tag
Mvpbowler
Contributor

Help from anyone that has done a PFD..

I had a CC with CorTrust Bank and it was CO back in 2009. I got in touch with them via email back in August and was very happy when I got a letter in the mail saying they would do a PFD. (Yes I kept a copy of the letter for my records) At the bottom it states after receipt of the payment and pending verification of availability of the funds as a good gesture we will goodwill and submit a request to have this account deleted from all 4 major CRA. Please allow up to 60 days for this information to be updated. This was dated Aug 15 2013. About 3 days later I sent a check to them for the agreed upon amount. They deposited it on Sept 9th so the back of my check says. So even if I give a full week after that to verify funds were there that is now Sept 16th, by the middle of November these should of been taken off based on their allow up to 60 days. So 2 weeks ago I started calling the lady who signed the letter to ask about it. The first day she was out, the 2nd day I got her VM and left a message, the 3rd day I got a hold of her and she said I don't recall this but let me look into my records and I will call you back by tomorrow. Well here we are a full week later and no phone call yet. I am going to call tomorrow morning and try to speak to her again, BUT my question is what actions can I take if I keep getting the run around? Can I dispute this with a CA and fax them the letter if they request it or what are my options?

I appreciate the help the members on these boards have always given!! Thank you all and Happy Holidays!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Help from anyone that has done a PFD..

You have proof of payment, and letter of "removal intent," so it's pretty cut, and dry.

Mail a copy of each to the CRAs, and wait.

If the OC fails to update after the CRA (written) dispute, then get that magic "debt consumer attorney" for a breach of contract.

*edit: almost forgot that the CFPB is also an option..

http://www.consumerfinance.gov/

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.