Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me Please!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help me Please!

I pulled my equifax report and there are two accounts that I do not have open on the report.  The first one is JC Penny and they were very helpful.  The other one, a Collection Account is "Arrow Ser" which I have found our is Arrow Financial Services.  I called them and they claim that they do not have any account under my SSN and therefore can't help me since they have no account.  The lady said "its probably the OTHER Arrow Financial." How do I get this $920, 120 days past due account off my credit? Its not my account!

I also have somone else on my account, a name I have NEVER gone by and an address I have NEVER lived at.  What can I do about that?

Any help if appreciated, I'm totally freaking out.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Help me Please!

Arrow Financial Services is a bad company and they do tend to engage in some bad collection practices.

Never ever never call a CA.

I'd pull each CR directly from the CRAs (can do so for free via annualcreditreport.com) and look for the address they are reporting from. Then send them a DV providing your name and address only. If they don't validate, then I would dispute if not yours.

The bad Arrow operates out of IL. (Don''t know anything about the other).

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I pulled the report and no address was provided for the reporting company.  There was also no information regarding where the account originated from.  I am sending a dispute to Equifax but I can't prove it isn't me because I have no idea where this report even came from!

What can I do?

Message 3 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Have you pulled your report directly from equifax.com? Remember, third party reports like from myFICO, TC, and others do not have address and detailed reporting info.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I had pulled it from MyFico. I will do that, but when I get it, who do I send the dispute to? Arrow?? or the original company? I don't even understand what this account could be!!!
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Send the DV letter to the OC and if they can't verify its your debt send a Dispute delete not mine letter. That should get it off of your CR Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Send the DV letter to the OC and if they can't verify its your debt send a Dispute delete not mine letter. That should get it off of your CR Smiley Happy

You can't DV an OC. You can only DV a CA.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
No, I had pulled it from MyFico. I will do that, but when I get it, who do I send the dispute to? Arrow?? or the original company? I don't even understand what this account could be!!!

Send it to the CA reporting on your CRs. In this case, it sounds like Arrow Financial, right? So you'd send the DV to the using the address on your CRs -- the addy can be found in the "Creditors" section of your CR. It's usually right after the section that describes who's pulled your CRs.

As Andy said, if they can't validate the debt (or if they no longer "live" at that address) they must be delete. If the company is no longer at that addy, you have to send the "return to sender" notice that the Post Office sends back to you to the CRAs with a letter stating that you've tried to contact them and they're no longer at the address on your CRs. That should get them off your CRs toute de suit!

And remember to send all of these things Certified Mail, Return Receipt Requested. It costs a bit extra (more than a stamp), but it leaves a nice paper trail that can back up your position later, should you need it.

Good luck!!
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the correction Wonderin, and yeh definitely use certified mail
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.