Did you mean: 

Help me attack my credit report this year

tag
toothgrind3r
Established Contributor

Re: Help me attack my credit report this year

@09Lexie wrote:

Are the DOFD the same on both CR's?

Bank Of America/Cavaly on Experian, it looks like the first 180 days past due was Oct 2009

Bank Of America/Cavaly on Transunion, it doesn't show 180 days, just 120, and that was first noted on July 2009.  Oct 2009 it says "C/O" (charge off)

I've got some cards. Some are pretty, some are ugly. Some are more useful than others.
Message 11 of 21
toothgrind3r
Established Contributor

Sorry to bump...anyone have any ideas, specifically about the two year difference in my fall off dates?

I've got some cards. Some are pretty, some are ugly. Some are more useful than others.
Message 12 of 21
toothgrind3r
Established Contributor

Anyone have any updates/thoughts?

Message 13 of 21
titanofold
Established Contributor

@toothgrind3r wrote:

Anyone have any updates/thoughts?

Well, you were asked twice for the DOFD, and you still haven't provided them. That's about the only reason why there would be a 2 year difference between the two reports for the same account.

DOFD is it's own item on the account.

Scores2013-09-21Current
Equifax630 (LP)755 (CK)/749 (Quizzle)
Experian640 (FCR)FICO 707 (Amex)
TransUnion588 (CK)FICO 754 (Barclaycard)
Message 14 of 21
toothgrind3r
Established Contributor

Weird, because I thought I answered every question here.  Unless I'm misunderstanding....

I said...

"Bank Of America/Cavaly on Experian, it looks like the first 180 days past due was Oct 2009

Bank Of America/Cavaly on Transunion, it doesn't show 180 days, just 120, and that was first noted on July 2009.  Oct 2009 it says "C/O" (charge off)"

Message 15 of 21
titanofold
Established Contributor

@toothgrind3r wrote:

Weird, because I thought I answered every question here.  Unless I'm misunderstanding....

I said...

"Bank Of America/Cavaly on Experian, it looks like the first 180 days past due was Oct 2009

Bank Of America/Cavaly on Transunion, it doesn't show 180 days, just 120, and that was first noted on July 2009.  Oct 2009 it says "C/O" (charge off)"

Date of First Delinquency (DOFD) is a separate entry from the payment history.

Scores2013-09-21Current
Message 16 of 21
toothgrind3r
Established Contributor

I don't see anything that says DoFD or Date Of First Deliquency.  I thought you figured out your DoFD by noting the first time you were 120 or 180 days late in the payment history?

Entries I see, on the TransUnion report as an example, or Date Opened, Responsibility, Account Type, Loan Type, Balance, Date Updated, Payment Reveived, Last Payment Made, High Balance, Original ChargeOff, Credit Limit, Pay Status, Terms, Date Closed, Remarks, and Estimated month and year that this item will be removed.

Message 17 of 21
titanofold
Established Contributor

Hmm, well you can ask the OC what the DOFD is.

Scores2013-09-21Current
Message 18 of 21
toothgrind3r
Established Contributor

Bumping this cuz I'm still confused and need to figure this out before I take my next steps Smiley Sad

If the DOFD is the same (or very close to it) on the reports....still, why the two year difference on the fall-off date?

Message 19 of 21
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@toothgrind3r wrote:

I said...

If the debts went delinquent in 2009, then 2016 would be the correct date for being excluded due to passing the CRTP.  Why one of the CRAs has it as 2014 I have no idea, but just by my judgement, the 2016 should be correct.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.