Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me plan my credit repair.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help me plan my credit repair.

Greetings,

I think I've planned everything out correctly, but would love your feedback on how you would tackle the following.

I'm in California

Long story short about 5 years ago work wasn't paying so well and I got behind on my bills, i'm now at a point where I can start saving up some money to take care of these 3 blemishes on my credit report. 

1. Bank of America credit card. This one is the most important because i currently use them for my regular checking. I owe 15k to them and my last payment to them was 04/11 current status charged off, no other collections related to this. original creditor. Something unusual happened with this account recently too. I was looking at my recent credit report as of date 02/12 the balance due was 0 due to charge off. In of this year, i decided to try my luck and apply for a credit card with bank of america and not surprisingly got denied. The unusual part is, as of 02/16, the month i tried to apply for a bank of america credit card, the above account that was charged off showing a balance of $0 now shows a balance and says it was closed my consumer. Since this is not with a CA but the OC, would offering the $2,500 for a pay for delete reasonable? I'm outside of the SOL and the 7 year mark is about 2 years away. Is it even worth it to ask them to validate the debt?

2. Chase credit card. 7k last date of payment 04/11 current status is charged off, no other collections related to this. Same deal as above, it's with the original creditor too, would offering $1,000 for a pay for delete be reasonable.

3. Motorcycle loan. This one is a little complicated. Last date of payment 3/11. There is an 8k balance by suzuki and a collection agency(midland fundig) they have assigned to it. I still have the motorcycle which is just collecting dust with the idea one day fixing it all back up and getting it running again. If i wait 2 years until it falls off my credit report, is there any way for my to get the title of the bike should i decide to sell it? What is the best approach to this one?

Thank you in advance

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help me plan my credit repair.

@Anonymous wrote:

Greetings,

I think I've planned everything out correctly, but would love your feedback on how you would tackle the following.

I'm in California

Long story short about 5 years ago work wasn't paying so well and I got behind on my bills, i'm now at a point where I can start saving up some money to take care of these 3 blemishes on my credit report. 

1. Bank of America credit card. This one is the most important because i currently use them for my regular checking. I owe 15k to them and my last payment to them was 04/11 current status charged off, no other collections related to this. original creditor. Something unusual happened with this account recently too. I was looking at my recent credit report as of date 02/12 the balance due was 0 due to charge off. In of this year, i decided to try my luck and apply for a credit card with bank of america and not surprisingly got denied. The unusual part is, as of 02/16, the month i tried to apply for a bank of america credit card, the above account that was charged off showing a balance of $0 now shows a balance and says it was closed my consumer. Since this is not with a CA but the OC, would offering the $2,500 for a pay for delete reasonable? I'm outside of the SOL and the 7 year mark is about 2 years away. Is it even worth it to ask them to validate the debt?

2. Chase credit card. 7k last date of payment 04/11 current status is charged off, no other collections related to this. Same deal as above, it's with the original creditor too, would offering $1,000 for a pay for delete be reasonable.

3. Motorcycle loan. This one is a little complicated. Last date of payment 3/11. There is an 8k balance by suzuki and a collection agency(midland fundig) they have assigned to it. I still have the motorcycle which is just collecting dust with the idea one day fixing it all back up and getting it running again. If i wait 2 years until it falls off my credit report, is there any way for my to get the title of the bike should i decide to sell it? What is the best approach to this one?

Thank you in advance

Offering Chase 1k for a PFD...BoA 2500$ for a PFD.....Neither will happen. They most likely will laugh at you.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

What would you consider a reasonable offer for a debt that is 5 years old? thanks.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your state SOL has passed? No chance of getting a judgement?
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

No CA's reporting on these accounts?
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Donny,

Correct, i'm in California and the SOL has passed for all accounts. They're all about 5 years old.

The only one that is with a CA is #3. number 1 and 2 are with original creditor. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.