cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me please figure out CAIVRS..

tag
jimsmith

Help me please figure out CAIVRS..

I just recently found out I have a "B" CAIVRS report.

Here is my history:

Chapter 7 Discharge Dec 08

Included foreclosure - House sold for 5K more than what was owed in Dec 09

Reasons filed was a failed business (Son and exwife were trying to start right before economy took a dive) and divorce

A part of the failed business was a SBA loan in the amount of $7,000 that I signed as secretary or the corp. I am not listed on any other documentation for this business.

FHA is listed as a claim Single Family

SBA is listed as default

How in the world do I fix this?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Help me please figure out CAIVRS..

http://www.hud.gov/offices/hsg/sfh/sys/caivrs/caivrs.cfm

You can contact HUD directly about your report.

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 5
jimsmith

Thanks..  I happened to find all this out when I was trying to see if I could get a mortgage.. I was never told by my attorney that taking the actions I did could come later to haunt me like this..

I have both of their numbers and will call them.. What's the difference between a claim and default?

Message 3 of 5
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

I believe a claim comes after a default, a claim pays the defaulted debt. I am completely BS'ing though.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 4 of 5
jimsmith

Okay.. So I spoke to the FHA and they told me that there is no outstanding debt but that they paid out to the bank in Jan 10 the claim. That it will be 3 years from the time they paid out is when the bad report will fall off of CAIVRS.. Even though they recovered ALL PLUS MORE (owed 142K.. Property sold for 148K). So this throws a wrench in my plans for the next year and a half. Still haven't spoke to the SBA.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.