Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Established Member

Help me send settlement offer for CC out of SOL

I have an old Cap 1 card that is out of the SOL. But of course it is still reporting (CC SOL in KS is 3 yrs, but its been less than 7 yrs so still showing up)  I have read a million posts on myfico that Cap1 doesn't do PFD so I'm going to save myself the stamp. I plan on sending them a settlement offer since I know I can't get a PFD. Balance is $1100. I was planning on offering $200 settlement and mentioning in my letter that I know this debt is out of the SOL but I want to offer $200 in exchange for the marking it "paid in full" instead of "settled". Has anyone done a settlement with a CC that is out of the SOL?

I wonder if Cap1 would consider a PFD since it IS out of SOL, any thoughts on this? I've just read over and over that cap1 is hard core and will not budge.  Plus I don't really feel like paying $1100.  

Has anyone ever done a successful settlement PFD? Does that exist? Lol

Starting: 570
Current: TU Fico 616
Goal: 700+
Established Contributor

Re: Help me send settlement offer for CC out of SOL

The worst thing that can happen is they deny the offer. I'd go for it.

AMEX PRG - NPSL I AMEX Everyday Preferred - $24.8k I Chase Ritz-Carlton - $21k I Capital One Venture - $20k I Chase Sapphire Preferred - $15k I Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier - $15.7k I Barclay Arrival + - $10k I Capital One Quicksilver - $10k I NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa Signature - $15k I NASA FCU - $10k I Texell FCU Visa - $5k I Chase Freedom - $4.8k I Citi Double Cash - $6.2k I Discover IT - $3k I NFCU CLOC - $15k I Total Unsecured Credit - $175,500

EQ FICO - 684 (11/18/15) I TU FICO - 771 (11/18/15) I EX FICO - 763 (11/18/15)
Frequent Contributor

Frequent Contributor

Hate to be a naysayer, but...

We have a 6.5 year old CO with cap1. I've GWed, begged, pled, etc...and nothing. FINALLY this week my husband got in touch with a supervisor at the internal collections deaprtment who agreed to a 50% settlement.

She claims 50% is the absolute lowest they will settle for...that's to report a o balance, not for a deletion.

2/24 (Lender Pull) EQ 613, TU 553, EX 589
April EQ 633, My Fico TU 638, EX ??
Current EQ 643, TU 652, EX 633 (lender pull 5/11)
Goal (we made it!!)- Over 640 middle by 5/15

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.