Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me to understand TU FICO

tag
HopeThruFaith
New Contributor

Help me to understand TU FICO

I have a Verizon account that is reporting on all three reports. TransUnion however is the only one that has it listed as an open account even though the date closed is Feb 2010. The $1229 is being factored in to my utilization (just realized this) due to it being listed as an open account. Is that right? The other two reports show it as closed so its not factoring in...should I contact TU and dispute this?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Help me to understand TU FICO

No, it is factored in because there is a balance not because it is open.  Open or closed it would be factored if not paid.

Is this a collection or an OC account? 

Normally, only revolving is factored into your utilization. 

Message 2 of 7
HopeThruFaith
New Contributor

It's the OC and it is listed as revolving but it was for wireless service. Is that right? EQ nor EX factors it in that's why I was wondering if it was an error with TU.
Message 3 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I don't think it should be considered revolving, especially if the other 2 don't factor it in.

I would call TU and just ask them without opening a dispute.

Message 4 of 7
HopeThruFaith
New Contributor

Yeah, it's listed as revolving. I pulled my TransUnion and it shows it correctly. I also looked at my last few FICO reports and it was reported correctly up until this last report. Even Credit Karma shows the utilization accurately. It looks like this may be a FICO issue. Is that possible?
Message 5 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Did you pull it directly from the CRA?  It could be a formatting issue with myFICO.  It is hard to say.

CK doesn't factor in closed accounts at all.

Message 6 of 7
HopeThruFaith
New Contributor

Yes, I pulled it straight from Transunuion and it has my utilization reporting correctly.  I didn't realize that credit karma didn't factor in closed accounts. I guess I should contact my FICO. Thanks for your responses. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.