Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me translate this?

tag
InvincibleSummer3
Established Contributor

Help me translate this?

I am cautiously optimistic here....but I want to make sure I know what this says.

Sent a DV to a CA that I found on my report. Very plain, just "I see you are reporting I owe a debt; please provide validation" verbiage. I get a letter back that says:

"Thank you for your recent inquiry. We are providing you with this letter pursuant to your specific request to confirm that XXX, Inc. does not list you as the responsible party regarding the above items....Please be advised that we are in the process of contacting the credit bureaus with a request to delete the listings of the items from your credit profile."

Does this mean they are deleting? And should I be at all worried about the weird way they phrased "my specific request to confirm", which I didn't really ever do?

Not that I want to look a potential gift horse in the mouth, but I just want to be sure before gettin' all happy....

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Rain77
Frequent Contributor

Re: Help me translate this?

Yes, they are deleting.  Validation essentially asks for confirmation/proof  the debt belongs to you, so no need to worry about how they worded.  Hold on to the letter, real tight, and monitor your reports to be sure they delete.  It can take at least 30 days, depending on when they update the CRA. Congrats!

Last HP 8/29/14

Message 2 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Rain77 wrote:

Yes, they are deleting.  Validation essentially asks for confirmation/proof  the debt belongs to you, so no need to worry about how they worded.  Hold on to the letter, real tight, and monitor your reports to be sure they delete.  It can take at least 30 days, depending on when they update the CRA. Congrats!

Actually, there is no proof of who owns a debt in validation.  It only consists of a debt being owed and who is collecting on it. 

It would be up to you to provide proof the debt isn't yours.

Message 3 of 9
InvincibleSummer3
Established Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

@Rain77 wrote:

Actually, there is no proof of who owns a debt in validation.  It only consists of a debt being owed and who is collecting on it. 

It would be up to you to provide proof the debt isn't yours.

That's why I was not specific. I honestly don't know if it's mine or not. There is another person in my same hometown with the exact same name, so all I can think is maybe it wasn't mine after all?

Message 4 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Things get put on other peoples reports all the time.  Sometimes it is harder to prove than others.  But, they are deleting and that is a good thing.

Message 5 of 9
chevyman
Contributor

Right now I am working on a few that my ex put in myname aafter I left her
Message 6 of 9
InvincibleSummer3
Established Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

Things get put on other peoples reports all the time.  Sometimes it is harder to prove than others.  But, they are deleting and that is a good thing.

That is amazing, since I had one of her HPs show up on my account and I could not get it off. But hey, a deletion is a deletion.

Message 7 of 9
InvincibleSummer3
Established Contributor

@chevyman wrote:
Right now I am working on a few that my ex put in myname aafter I left her

Isn't that illegal? Did you file a police report?

Message 8 of 9
chevyman
Contributor

Its id theft she did this in 04 but was not on CR til last year
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.