Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed - 35k in debt 15k available to pay

tag
theproblem
Established Member

Re: Help needed - 35k in debt 15k available to pay

If your cards are closed, I would recommend waiting for a charge off or initiate a settlement conversation.  Usually, major banks close CC accounts after 90 days.  If they are closed, save yourself the money and just settle; the damage is done. 

Message 11 of 12
bunneysvg
Established Member

Re: Help needed - 35k in debt 15k available to pay

I called on both Chase cards and they are still with Chase. I paid them to current. They were unwilling to remove the lates from the credit report. Everyone I spoke with over there stated the same old "not a bank error and we are required to report accurately..."

I just figured I had to pay them before they went to collections like the Citi card. I call the EO and spoke with a very kind lady named Michelle who took all my info and stated she would get with the collections division and see if they could pull the account back over since it just got transferred this month. She promised me a return call no later than Monday.

Now I just have to call BoA.....

Any suggestions on how to get those lates removed with Chase?

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.