Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed! C&C this GW letter to Bloomingdales

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help needed! C&C this GW letter to Bloomingdales

Hi guys,

I am writing a letter to Bloomingdales asking them to remove the negative account for a one time late 30 day payment.  How does this look?  Please C&C and Thanks for your time.

"Dear Bloomingdales Credit Services:

I recently pulled my credit report and noticed that I have a negative account according to the Credit Agency Transunion.  My account numbers is edited  and have been a Bloomingdale’s Insider since February of 2010.  I am writing to you as a concerned customer if you are willing to make a “goodwill” adjustment on the reporting of this account to the three credit agencies to have this removed.  I have a 30 day late payment on the account for the month of September of 2010.  Every other month thereafter has been in good standing and there is currently no balance.

If I recall, I remember being notified via a phone call that I was going to be late making a payment on weekend, I told the sales representative instantly that I will pay the following business day since this has been brought to my attention.  Immediately the next day I paid the monthly payment, which included the late payment fee.  I do not contest about this late payment fee; I just didn’t think this would be a problem since the minimum payment was only $25.  I have a full time job, $25 I know I would have been able to pay this off.  I just lost track of time and was busy working.  Working in the Tax department and having an October 15th deadline can be extremely hectic at times.  I should have been more responsible and setup automatic bill pay.  If you look at my attached credit report from Transunion, you will see that I have an exceptional payment history.  This one negative derogatory account has since been affecting my credit immensely.  I would like you to consider removing the negative payment from my credit report.

Springtime is coming up and I could use a new wardrobe, as a solution to this problem and to prevent this from ever occurring again, I will now use automatic bill payments.

I hope that Bloomingdales is willing to work with me on erasing this mark from my credit reports.  I have been a happy customer and I recommend and tell all my friends about the savings they can receive from subscribing to the email newsletter that you periodically send out.  I hope to maintain this customer relationship because this is the only place I look for in high-end clothing.  I also hope that you will deeply consider this request and look forward to your reply."

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help needed! C&C this GW letter to Bloomingdales

Bump

Message 2 of 7
pakman92
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi guys,

I am writing a letter to Bloomingdales asking them to remove the negative account for a one time late 30 day payment.  How does this look?  Please C&C and Thanks for your time.

"Dear Bloomingdales Credit Services:

I recently pulled my credit report and noticed that I have a negative account according to the Credit Agency Transunion.  My account numbers is edited  and have been a Bloomingdale’s Insider since February of 2010.  I am writing to you as a concerned customer if you are willing to make a “goodwill” adjustment on the reporting of this account to the three credit agencies to have this removed.  I have a 30 day late payment on the account for the month of September of 2010.  Every other month thereafter has been in good standing and there is currently no balance.

If I recall, I remember being notified via a phone call that I was going to be late making a payment on weekend, I told the sales representative instantly that I will pay the following business day since this has been brought to my attention.  Immediately the next day I paid the monthly payment, which included the late payment fee.  I do not contest about this late payment fee; I just didn’t think this would be a problem since the minimum payment was only $25.  I have a full time job, $25 I know I would have been able to pay this off.  I just lost track of time and was busy working.  Working in the Tax department and having an October 15th deadline can be extremely hectic at times.  I should have been more responsible and setup automatic bill pay.  If you look at my attached credit report from Transunion, you will see that I have an exceptional payment history.  This one negative derogatory account has since been affecting my credit immensely.  I would like you to consider removing the negative payment from my credit report.

Springtime is coming up and I could use a new wardrobe, as a solution to this problem and to prevent this from ever occurring again, I will now use automatic bill payments.

I hope that Bloomingdales is willing to work with me on erasing this mark from my credit reports.  I have been a happy customer and I recommend and tell all my friends about the savings they can receive from subscribing to the email newsletter that you periodically send out.  I hope to maintain this customer relationship because this is the only place I look for in high-end clothing.  I also hope that you will deeply consider this request and look forward to your reply."

A question... missing a payment by a couple of days should not cause a 30 day late.  You'd have to let it go unpaid for a whole statement cycle.  Is that what happened?

I've written a couple of GW letters that have been successful and I've always used a very apologetic tone.  (i.e.  I'm sorry.  Yes, the records are correct.  I was going through a hard time....   xxx has always been a great company to work with and I will continue to do business with you , etc. etc.  Generally, I went for I"m sorry I messed up please forgive me route)  Of course, YMMV.

My Starting Score: EQ: 691 (11/30/11) TU98: 726 (11/30/11)
My Current Score: EQ: 779 (04/22/13) TU08: 835 (06/03/13)
DW Starting Score: EQ: 742 (03/02/12) TU98: 748 (03/02/12)
DW Current Score: EQ: 784 (03/11/13) TU08: 775 (06/03/13)
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

To be honest I don't remember what happened, but I do recall getting a call from Bloomingdales on a weekend telling me that I was going to be late and to please pay.  I paid the next day with a late fee.  Late fee cost me $35 and the miminum payment was only $25.  What I get for being irresponsible.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you think my tone is good?  Should I be more apologetic?

Message 5 of 7
ccb2115
Frequent Contributor

Good luck with them. I heard they are not too bad with 30 day lates, but I know from experience that they will not budge with a CO. Thank god it falls off in Feburary 2013. 

Scores: EX: 793 EQ: 804 TU: 801
Message 6 of 7
MikeC80
Valued Member

Does anyone have the contact information for Bllom DSNB?

Let them eat cake.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.