shyy22

Help needed! C&C this GW letter to Bloomingdales

[ Edited ]

Hi guys,

I am writing a letter to Bloomingdales asking them to remove the negative account for a one time late 30 day payment.  How does this look?  Please C&C and Thanks for your time.

"Dear Bloomingdales Credit Services:

I recently pulled my credit report and noticed that I have a negative account according to the Credit Agency Transunion.  My account numbers is edited  and have been a Bloomingdale’s Insider since February of 2010.  I am writing to you as a concerned customer if you are willing to make a “goodwill” adjustment on the reporting of this account to the three credit agencies to have this removed.  I have a 30 day late payment on the account for the month of September of 2010.  Every other month thereafter has been in good standing and there is currently no balance.

If I recall, I remember being notified via a phone call that I was going to be late making a payment on weekend, I told the sales representative instantly that I will pay the following business day since this has been brought to my attention.  Immediately the next day I paid the monthly payment, which included the late payment fee.  I do not contest about this late payment fee; I just didn’t think this would be a problem since the minimum payment was only $25.  I have a full time job, $25 I know I would have been able to pay this off.  I just lost track of time and was busy working.  Working in the Tax department and having an October 15th deadline can be extremely hectic at times.  I should have been more responsible and setup automatic bill pay.  If you look at my attached credit report from Transunion, you will see that I have an exceptional payment history.  This one negative derogatory account has since been affecting my credit immensely.  I would like you to consider removing the negative payment from my credit report.

Springtime is coming up and I could use a new wardrobe, as a solution to this problem and to prevent this from ever occurring again, I will now use automatic bill payments.

I hope that Bloomingdales is willing to work with me on erasing this mark from my credit reports.  I have been a happy customer and I recommend and tell all my friends about the savings they can receive from subscribing to the email newsletter that you periodically send out.  I hope to maintain this customer relationship because this is the only place I look for in high-end clothing.  I also hope that you will deeply consider this request and look forward to your reply."

shyy22

Re: Help needed! C&C this GW letter to Bloomingdales

Bump

Established Contributor
pakman92

shyy22 wrote:

Hi guys,

I am writing a letter to Bloomingdales asking them to remove the negative account for a one time late 30 day payment.  How does this look?  Please C&C and Thanks for your time.

"Dear Bloomingdales Credit Services:

I recently pulled my credit report and noticed that I have a negative account according to the Credit Agency Transunion.  My account numbers is edited  and have been a Bloomingdale’s Insider since February of 2010.  I am writing to you as a concerned customer if you are willing to make a “goodwill” adjustment on the reporting of this account to the three credit agencies to have this removed.  I have a 30 day late payment on the account for the month of September of 2010.  Every other month thereafter has been in good standing and there is currently no balance.

If I recall, I remember being notified via a phone call that I was going to be late making a payment on weekend, I told the sales representative instantly that I will pay the following business day since this has been brought to my attention.  Immediately the next day I paid the monthly payment, which included the late payment fee.  I do not contest about this late payment fee; I just didn’t think this would be a problem since the minimum payment was only $25.  I have a full time job, $25 I know I would have been able to pay this off.  I just lost track of time and was busy working.  Working in the Tax department and having an October 15th deadline can be extremely hectic at times.  I should have been more responsible and setup automatic bill pay.  If you look at my attached credit report from Transunion, you will see that I have an exceptional payment history.  This one negative derogatory account has since been affecting my credit immensely.  I would like you to consider removing the negative payment from my credit report.

Springtime is coming up and I could use a new wardrobe, as a solution to this problem and to prevent this from ever occurring again, I will now use automatic bill payments.

I hope that Bloomingdales is willing to work with me on erasing this mark from my credit reports.  I have been a happy customer and I recommend and tell all my friends about the savings they can receive from subscribing to the email newsletter that you periodically send out.  I hope to maintain this customer relationship because this is the only place I look for in high-end clothing.  I also hope that you will deeply consider this request and look forward to your reply."

A question... missing a payment by a couple of days should not cause a 30 day late.  You'd have to let it go unpaid for a whole statement cycle.  Is that what happened?

I've written a couple of GW letters that have been successful and I've always used a very apologetic tone.  (i.e.  I'm sorry.  Yes, the records are correct.  I was going through a hard time....   xxx has always been a great company to work with and I will continue to do business with you , etc. etc.  Generally, I went for I"m sorry I messed up please forgive me route)  Of course, YMMV.

My Starting Score: EQ: 691 (11/30/11) TU98: 726 (11/30/11)
My Current Score: EQ: 779 (04/22/13) TU08: 835 (06/03/13)
DW Starting Score: EQ: 742 (03/02/12) TU98: 748 (03/02/12)
DW Current Score: EQ: 784 (03/11/13) TU08: 775 (06/03/13)
shyy22

To be honest I don't remember what happened, but I do recall getting a call from Bloomingdales on a weekend telling me that I was going to be late and to please pay.  I paid the next day with a late fee.  Late fee cost me $35 and the miminum payment was only $25.  What I get for being irresponsible.

shyy22

Do you think my tone is good?  Should I be more apologetic?

Regular Contributor
ccb2115

Good luck with them. I heard they are not too bad with 30 day lates, but I know from experience that they will not budge with a CO. Thank god it falls off in Feburary 2013. 

My Wallet: Amex PRG, Amex ZYNC, Amex BCE: 1k, Barclays iTunes: 1.2k, Discover IT: 5k, Citi Diamond: 1.8k, Capital One Secured: 600
Valued Member
MikeC80

Does anyone have the contact information for Bllom DSNB?

Let them eat cake.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+