Contributor
phughes

Help! paid collection

In 2008 I paid off a collection to All Strings Attached.  Now all of a sudden last month it shows up on my credit report showing $0 balance.  My question is I paid this off over a year ago is it legal for them to all of a sudden start reporting this on my credit report?  So far I have called them and she said she can see that it was paid off but wanted to call me back after she got a report from their accounting department.  
Established Contributor
jesslyn

Re: Help! paid collection

As long as it's within the CRTP, they can report, and begin reporting for the first time long after you pay them off.

Generally, it's recommended that when you pay off something that is not reporting, you negotiate payment in exchange for them agreeing not to report.  Or a Pay For Not Reporting (PFNR).

Now that you are where you are, you can write GW letters asking them to remove.  Wish I had better news for you!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+