Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help please! Trying to rebuild!

tag
MJSeahawks
Valued Member

Help please! Trying to rebuild!

I have been discharged from ch 7 BK for two years and am trying to get my CR cleaned up and hopefully mortgage ready within the next year. I have a few questions for anyone that can help. My CR currently shows 2 accounts as collections. One of them has an assigned date from 2010 and the other one lists an assigned date of 9/13, even though my BK was discharged December 2011. Both accounts do say included in Ch7, but are they supposed to show up under collections in my CR still?

I also have 6 student loans that went 90 days late just prior to my filing BK. All from the same company and payment was lumped together as one, just lists them as 6 different loans based on the times I took them during college. The loans were sold/transferred from Wells Fargo to ACS either during or just after my BK. All of my student loans have been paid on time and are current through the new lender for the last two years since BK. My CR shows my student loans through my current lender, but they also show up under the old Wells Fargo account and say 90 days delinquent but show status of transferred/sold. The 90 days delinquent is reflecting negatively on my CR and I think it should say something else since those loans are not active with them anymore, but I'm not sure if this is correct or not.

If anyone has any experience, knowledge, or advice on this it would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ktl72455
Valued Contributor

Re: Help please! Trying to rebuild!

I am not familar with student loans but will bump this so some one might be able to help! Welcome to the forum!

From MI.
12/4/12 TU 589 MyFico ~EQ 579 MyFico ~EX 577(Fako)

Myfico 8 scores
6/12/20 TU 803 ~ EQ 814~ Ex 784
My Wallet: Cap1 3,500K ~FH 2950~Credit One 1750~Credit one #2 1250~Orchard Bank 400 ~NFCU nRewards 18,000~NFCU Cash Rewards 18,500 ~Care Credit 12000~Discover 6000~Lowes 5450~ Amex 5400.00 ~ Harvest King 8000 ~ Langley~Penfed~Service CRU~red stone cru~
UTL 17%
Message 2 of 4
MJSeahawks
Valued Member

Thank you. I'm not sure if it really makes a differences that they are student loans or not. I just don't know if the account should still be marked as 90 days delinquent when the debt was sold to another lender more than two years ago but I don't want to go through the dispute process if that is actually normal.

Does anyone know??
Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@MJSeahawks wrote:

I have been discharged from ch 7 BK for two years and am trying to get my CR cleaned up and hopefully mortgage ready within the next year. I have a few questions for anyone that can help. My CR currently shows 2 accounts as collections. One of them has an assigned date from 2010 and the other one lists an assigned date of 9/13, even though my BK was discharged December 2011. Both accounts do say included in Ch7, but are they supposed to show up under collections in my CR still?

I also have 6 student loans that went 90 days late just prior to my filing BK. All from the same company and payment was lumped together as one, just lists them as 6 different loans based on the times I took them during college. The loans were sold/transferred from Wells Fargo to ACS either during or just after my BK. All of my student loans have been paid on time and are current through the new lender for the last two years since BK. My CR shows my student loans through my current lender, but they also show up under the old Wells Fargo account and say 90 days delinquent but show status of transferred/sold. The 90 days delinquent is reflecting negatively on my CR and I think it should say something else since those loans are not active with them anymore, but I'm not sure if this is correct or not.

If anyone has any experience, knowledge, or advice on this it would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

CAs should drop if included in BK all mine did when I went thru BK. The prior history on loans can be reported right up to the month of filing BK and since SLs are not dischargeable in BK they can report the full history to current date. GW the lender that xferd the loans to see if they will update or drop the TL all together.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.