Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help removing AU from EQ report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help removing AU from EQ report

Hello everyone!  I am trying to remove a maxed out Barclay MC account that's tanking my util from my EQ report. I disputed the account on June 30 with all 3 CRAs. TU removed it the same day. EX actually did a 3-way call with Barclay this morning with the primary card holder on the line to verify it and removed while he was on the phone with them. EQ is dragging their feet and has been really hard to work with. I faxed them a letter from Barclay stating that I am no longer an AU on the account a week ago. EQ says they have no record of it.. The primary cardholder got a really nice manager from Barclay to call the business to business number at EQ to verify (as suggested by EQ) but was unable to get anything done with EQ. Not sure what to do now. Are there any "back door" numbers for EQ? Thanks for any suggestions!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Help removing AU from EQ report

I'm not sure why they are giving you issues. What were the reason as to why EX & TU agreed to remove them?

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Success!!  Finally got a rep at EQ that found the faxed documents and was able to delete the AU account while I was on the phone. I think that takes care of everything that I wanted done prior to app'ing for more credit cards.

RM21 - I was an AU on a maxed-out credit card that was adversly affecting my util. The reason that TU and EX removed the accounts is because the primary card holder removed me as an AU from the accounts. Just took EQ a little longer.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately, the account is not removed yet. The EQ rep told me they deleted it, but instead they just opened up a new dispute. It's unbelievable sometimes how difficult they make the simplist things to correct.  The waiting continues...

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Unfortunately, the account is not removed yet. The EQ rep told me they deleted it, but instead they just opened up a new dispute. It's unbelievable sometimes how difficult they make the simplist things to correct.  The waiting continues...

I hate talking to EQ. I hope the dispute is settled quickly in your favor.

Message 5 of 9
joltdude
Senior Contributor

This is how I read it.... The OP is an AU on another card and that card is maxxed out....

So technically he is not responsible for the primary card holder maxing the card out (Since hes an AU)

So what one should do in this situation. is be removed as an AU.. and all the scoring goes with it.. since he is only an AU, not a joint or primary card holder..

Hence he also has the right to dispute to the CRA's since he is an AU, not a primary or joint cardholder... 

Being an AU on a card is not quite as good as being on the card as a primary or joint.... since you arent responsible, but it can sometimes help cause you to generate a score or improve your scores esp if you have a thin file... but in this case.. being an AU on a maxxed out card is a liability... ..so being removed is a smart idea..

Thats what I think is happening....

-j

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

JoltDude, You are correct.

Summary...I was an AU on 2 maxed-out credit cards, a Chase and Barclaycard. I filed disputes with all 3 CRA on June 30 to remove these accounts from my reports. The primary cardholder notified the credit cards to remove me as an AU the same day. TU and EX deleted the accounts from my reports almost immediately. EQ removerd the Chase account pretty quickly, but still hasn't removed the Barclaycard account.

We've provided EQ with a letter from Barclaycard addressed to the primary cardholder that I'm no longer an AU on the account. The primary cardholder has even had Barclaycard call into EQ business to business line to verify that the account does not belong to me. Nothing seems to matter to them. Not sure what else to do to try to get this removed.

If removed, I anticipate my EQ score will jump from 734 to 770's and util will go from 39% to 12%. Therefore, I don't want to app with any company that might pull EQ.

Message 7 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The most effective and direct way to remove an AU is to have the creditor report a deletion of ALL prior reporting, and then discontinue any updated reporting of the AU.

An FCRA dispute process unnecessarily involves the CRA when there is no real issue of an inaccuracy in reporting.

The showing of an account of another in your credit report is sanctioned if added as an AU, and is not an inaccuracy per se.

Having the creditor wipe the reporting slate from their end removes any dispute resolution issues by the CRA.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks RobertEG!

So, the primary cardholder needs to ask Barclaycard to delete ALL prior reporting and discontinue any updated reporting of the AU, correct?  Are they likely to do that?

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.