Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help small increase after collections removal and equifax is not updating

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help small increase after collections removal and equifax is not updating

I need some advice. So I am trying to increase my credit scores as I have had some past credit damage. I have 3 collections which 2 have been removed, one I am settling with the other is on my report as paid from unpaid. Now I have one last collection am working to pay. Also my new accounts are going on 5 months, my average is 3 years, my oldest is going on 5 years. I am at a very high utilization now 97% but am paying it down to below 30% on the 3rd of November. I only have $600 and I am trying to apply for more credit but fear am applying for too much to soon after opening my new accounts. Also I know I need to bring my utilzation way down. Here are my current fico scores.

TU 595, EX 586, EQ 550, however I think my Equifax is awfully low and do not know why. Could it be they are not updating? Also what will it take to drastically increase my score? I am looking to get up to 670, 680 within 6 months. I think my scores are still updating so is it possible to get my scores at 670-680 in 6 months?  I would even be happy if I could get up to 650 in 6 months. Any advice is helpful.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help small increase after collections removal and equifax is not updating

@Anonymous wrote:

I need some advice. So I am trying to increase my credit scores as I have had some past credit damage. I have 3 collections which 2 have been removed, one I am settling with the other is on my report as paid from unpaid. Now I have one last collection am working to pay. Also my new accounts are going on 5 months, my average is 3 years, my oldest is going on 5 years. I am at a very high utilization now 97% but am paying it down to below 30% on the 3rd of November. I only have $600 and I am trying to apply for more credit but fear am applying for too much to soon after opening my new accounts. Also I know I need to bring my utilzation way down. Here are my current fico scores.

TU 595, EX 586, EQ 550, however I think my Equifax is awfully low and do not know why. Could it be they are not updating? Also what will it take to drastically increase my score? I am looking to get up to 670, 680 within 6 months. I think my scores are still updating so is it possible to get my scores at 670-680 in 6 months?  I would even be happy if I could get up to 650 in 6 months. Any advice is helpful.

I think the high UTI is what is killing your scores right now.  It will also hinder your attempts to get more credit.

If you can pay each CC below 30% and also all combined below 30% taht will give you an instant boost.  The UTI calculation changes each time a CC reports and it doesnt remember what the previous one was.  So August and September and all months will be separate.

I think you can get to 650 and above in 6 more months, but UTI is critical.  It is 30% of your score every month.  Bring that down and you will see better scores and better opportunities.

HTH

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help small increase after collections removal and equifax is not updating

Awesome, thanks so much. Yeah I am so proud of myself I have not applied for anymore credit cards, loans or such in the last month. As I am working to pay down my high utilization on my 2 cards, also trying to work on paying on my collections but being sure they will be either taken off my report or marked as PFD once I have made my payments. So far 2/3 collections have been removed and am very excited. I am also thinking that before applying for major unsecured cards right after I clear up my credit I plan to apply for maybe 2 secured cards. One through my bank which is PNC, and one with BoFA as I heard they both will eventually become unsecured. The reason I cant apply for Barclays and Cap one is due to my outrageous amount of inquiries now. They are all due to fall off in the next year. Thanks again for all your help.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.