Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help solving credit card debt

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help solving credit card debt

I am in the process of correcting the big mistake i made when I was 18 and that is a credit card. I had a credit card with Capitol One and for a while I didnt have a good job so I ignored it. Now I am married, have a good job, and am trying to fix my credit so I can purchase a house. I received a letter from Portfolio Recovery Associates, LLS who now has the debt. Its a total of $938.85. What is the best way to go about solving this as fast as possible and getting it off my credit report? Thanks for any help!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Help solving credit card debt

@Anonymous wrote:

I am in the process of correcting the big mistake i made when I was 18 and that is a credit card. I had a credit card with Capitol One and for a while I didnt have a good job so I ignored it. Now I am married, have a good job, and am trying to fix my credit so I can purchase a house. I received a letter from Portfolio Recovery Associates, LLS who now has the debt. Its a total of $938.85. What is the best way to go about solving this as fast as possible and getting it off my credit report? Thanks for any help!

If Cap-1 still owns the debt you want to call them and try to get them to recall the debt in exchange for full payment. PRA is one of the worst CAs/JDBs to deal with out there. If Cap-1 doesnt own it anymore you only want to contact PRA inside the SOL if you have the funds to settle it in full... You want to attempt the PFD, welcome to myFico Smiley Happy

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-PFD-Success-Stories/td-p/2031275

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Example-Letter/td-p/4519

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.