Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help-student loans

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help-student loans

okay, I dont know whats going on, but all of my student loans are in deferement. They have been for years. I am still in school. However lately here, the student loans have started updating each month, the interest thats added, every time they update the balances it drops my score by a minimum of 20 points. This is what shows up on credit karma and credit wise. Now I know those are actual fico 8, and that they use a different scoring... but my question is, is it also dropping on my ficos as well, or just those. And the second question would be, is it supposed to be dropping like that? It wasnt before... I have been rebuiling my credit all summer, trying to purchase a home in October..and to login today and see a 20 point drop, just completely hurt my feelings. It did it last month as well, and I thought it was just a fluke...

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help-student loans

Get your real FICO scores from Creditchecktotal.com

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help-student loans

I agree with Norman on this. Get on creditchecktotal or myfico.com to give you a more complete REAL picture of what your fico scores look like. Both Credit Karma and Creditwise are FAKO scores that could vary +-50 points in any direction.

I'd recommend going with myfico.com since they give you what your mortgage FICOs are in addition to FICO8 which is usually the most popular.  I'd also call each credit bureau directly to get a paper copy of your credit report so you can see the full picture of what's happening.

The benefit to creditchecktotal.com is that you can sign up for $1, see everything, then cancel within 7 days, After that days it's like $20 a month. I use all of them myfico.com, creditchecktotal.com, and equifax complete

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.