New Contributor
texasoklahoma

Help w/CCs - Getting Scores Up

I only have one cc. Do I need to let it report a very small balance each month or use it, go home and make payment and it report no balance?
Which way is the best to help my scores?
6-03-08 FICO TU 621 EX 630 EQ 595
7-23-08 FICO TU 648 EX 642 EQ 640
8-28-08 FICO TU 648
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Help w/CCs - Getting Scores Up

You want total util to be between 1-9%. Find out when your card issuer reports and pay the balance down before that date.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Annual Reports, Freq. Requested Threads, 5 Things We Don't Talk About, Common Abbreviations, Where do I start?, State Resources
New Contributor
texasoklahoma

Re: Help w/CCs - Getting Scores Up

sidewinder wrote:
You want total util to be between 1-9%. Find out when your card issuer reports and pay the balance down before that date.

I just got the cc in June and havent used it yet. I have paid the annual fee already. I didnt need the cc except for the mix of credit. I guess I'll use it to grab a burger for lunch once a month so they'll be a small balance reporting monthly and that will keep my util very low. Am I on the right track? Thanks!
6-03-08 FICO TU 621 EX 630 EQ 595
7-23-08 FICO TU 648 EX 642 EQ 640
8-28-08 FICO TU 648

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+