Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help w/Plaza Associates

tag
ABattle
Regular Contributor

Help w/Plaza Associates

I have a friend who is the starting process of getting ready to buy a house, she received an alert from myfico that Plaza Associates has added a collection account on his report from an old cell phone account w/TMobile.  Dh trying to do the right thing agreed to a settlement offer not knowing that the posting of this ca caused a 30 point drop in his score.  He has already made one payment over the phone w/them.  They have nothing in writing they never received a letter from the ca & the ca has not & will not send out a pfd agreement in the mail.  When asked one rep said they can't delete & the other said they would send it out after the last payment is made.  I'm not sure what to advise her to do since the cardinal rule of "never talk to a ca over the phone" was broken.  Time is of the essence & they just want this acct removed to get back the 30 points he lost.  Is DV even an option as this point, the TMobile acct is a year old so SOL isn't an issue.  Should they just send a PFD letter to them since by making 1 payment he's acknowledged that the debt is his & he owes it. Any suggestions on how to handle are welcomed & any contact info for them to help is greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Help w/Plaza Associates

A DV can still be sent but by making a payment the SOL was probably restarted.

If you want to try a PFD I would find out who the CEO is and send it to him/her.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.