Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with 4 baddies

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with 4 baddies

I'm new to this forum and i've been looking around for information on how to improve my credit since i plan on buying a house later in the year. 

I currently have 4 collections account on my credit

1. Medical Data Systems .$546, assigned 10/2012. Unpaid.

They had initially reported twice on my report and i disputed the duplicate which i won. One record was deleted but second one was verified. I tried to pfd through email in the same conversation offering a 60% settlement, they refused and reiterated that they do not delete even if i paid it all.

2. Mid Continent Credit. $185, assigned 06/2009. Paid

Paid and sometimes later, I tried to pfd through snail mail and I never heard back from them. 

3. Afni, Inc. $43, assigned 07/ 2012. Paid

I paid also in June 2013 and tried to pfd through in May of 2014, they replied and told me they will like to "remain in good standing with the credit reporting agencies" and as such will not be deleting since they reported accurately

My credit was starting to come back up last year after all this mess. I was even approved for a Chase Sapphire in November of 2014 and a Macys credit card in 2013 when all of a sudden, i received a mail from another collection of a medical account I had owned in 04/2009. Received letter first week in January and requested validation from them in 2 weeks but I suddenly got a notification of another report from them through credit karma, in less than 30 days of receiving their mail.

4. Commonwealth Financials. $944, assigned 12/2014. Unpaid

It's reporting on equifax and trans. I disputed with Equifax and it came back with verified. I sent snail mail to the collection to verify statute of limitation and I haven't heard back from them. Trans requested a verification of my address which i'm yet to send. 

I have no faith I will win this considering i lost with equifax. I stopped using myfico after i applied for Chase car loan and credit card and was approved because i thought all was going well so i don't know what difference the latest record has on my profile. Credit karma shows I dropped from 700 to 680 in transunion but their score doesn't look real to me anyways

Finally, what can I do to get back up? Is it advisable to wake up #4 and reset the SOL or will it be better to leave it as it is and pray i get approved for a mortgage loan with my current profile?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help with 4 baddies

1. Google "Whychat HIPAA" for how you might deal with this. Its complicated so read it all carefully.

2. Whats the expected fall-off date? Should be fairly soon.

3. Try GW requests.

4. Whats the DoFD? Whats the SOL for your state? Don't expect them to verify whether its in or out of SOL. If its past SOL then you need to play hardball with them and let them know in no uncertain terms that paying ANY of it comes with an agreement to delete it.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

NormanFH

1. I'll do that. Is there anything on there you think might give me a case?

2. 06/16

3. I meant i tried GW request actually, not pfd since it was already paid. The GW request i tried wasn't accepted. Should i try again and hope they hear me out this time and is it better through email or mail?

4. DoFD is 04/2009. SOL for PA is 4 years on medicals. 

Thanks

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

NormanFH

1. I'll do that. Is there anything on there you think might give me a case? Not that I can see.

2. 06/16 You might try GW here.

3. I meant i tried GW request actually, not pfd since it was already paid. The GW request i tried wasn't accepted. Should i try again and hope they hear me out this time and is it better through email or mail? GW success generally requires LOTS of perseverance. Keep trying till you achieve success or it ages off.

4. DoFD is 04/2009. SOL for PA is 4 years on medicals. Ball's in your court at this point. Time to play hardball. Offer them a settlement amount you are comfortable with, and make it clear that deletion is NOT a negotiable point, if they want anything at all on this "time barred debt" - make sure you use that term. Do not let them know you are planning on getting a mortgage or anything as that knowledge will make them dig in. Don't do any lender pulls as that may tip your hand. Let them know that you are perfectly fine with it aging off and they will get nothing if they are unwilling to play ball.

Thanks

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot NormanFH, i'll keep trying the GW and the #4 as well

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.