Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with AFNI please

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with AFNI please

I am desperately trying to do a PFD with AFNI - they have validaded the debt, I've sent two letters and about five emails with not luck. I have googled AFNI on this board and am hoping someone who's had success can pm me with a helpful contact? Thanks so much.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Help with AFNI please

AFNI is one of the best CAs when it comes to deleting paid collections.   If you do end up paying there is a good chance that they will delete it.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks pizzadude, that's what I've read. I don't think I can afford to pay, because of the potential score drop, unless I get some assurance. Just sent an other email : )

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizzadude wrote:

AFNI is one of the best CAs when it comes to deleting paid collections.   If you do end up paying there is a good chance that they will delete it.

I've heard the polar opposite here, they do not do PFD.

OP, the best contact is the email address listed on their site - <RecoveryTeam@afni.com>;

They did remove a paid TL for me this month, it was set to fall off in Aug.

Message 4 of 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Yeah, I don't think that they typically will do PFDs.

My experience is what I posted ~ they will usually delete paid collections.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 5 of 6
proudnavymom
Regular Contributor

I tried to get Afni to agree to a PFD on a T-Mobile account that had a balance of $638.  They offered a settlement of $50, but wouldn't agree to a PFD.  Everything I got said they would update it as paid and settled, but they do not exchange payments for deletion.  I paid it on 12/27/11 and when I checked my TU report last night, it was gone.  I have not checked EQ and EX yet, but am hoping it is gone from there too.  

Starting Scores TU 7/30/09 FICO 493 EQ 9/5/10 FICO 477 EX 11/14/2011 (lender pull) 575
Current Scores TU 10/19/2018 FICO 671 EQ 12/21/2018 FICO 614 EX 5/31/2014 FICO 658
Goal Scores 700 across the board
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.