Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with ANFI-Bloom

tag
Bird382
New Visitor

Help with ANFI-Bloom

Need some help/advice/etc from anyone who's been through this.  A mysterious account appeared on my credit report the other day, showing a past due balance, and 120+ past due timeline, but no monthly history.

Account holder is listed as ANFI/Bloom.  I've read all the forums here and elsewhere about this companies borderline (or completely) illegal practices, and fear I am being targeted.  

If this is even a real account, I beleive its related to a Verizon account that went past due sometime in 2007. Problem is, I have received absolutely no correspondance from ANFI regarding this account.  I have active forwarded on all previous addresses, and my parents live at the address at the time I had htis account and they have received nothing either.

A lot of advice is on this forum related to how to deal with ANFI when the acocunt is completely bogus.  But in this case, it may be a valid account but I have no info from AFNI to even know what this is in regards to.  I don't want any correspondance to suggest I accept the debt, but I want more details.

What is the best course of action to deal with this?  

Should I start with a DV and provide my SSN?  

If I can prove w/ Verizon that the deliqunet date throws this way post the SOL, do I state those facts in the DV? Or do I send a second Cease & Desisist?

Do I dispute with the Credit Agency before any of this?

Really confused, but fearing this is hurting my families chances of getting a mortage, so I'd like to get this fixed.  Thanks for any advice ...

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Help with ANFI-Bloom

FDCPA 809(a) requires any debt collector to send you a formal collection ("dunning") notice within 5 days of any initial communication with a consumer.

Posting to a consumer's credit report is considered a debt collection act that triggers the requirement to send dunning notice.

The primary purpose of a dunning notice is to prevent the very situation you find yourself in.... collection activity, without the consumer being advised of the name of the creditor under which the debt was incurred.

So they are apparently in violation of FDCPA 809(a).

If you have their address, then I would immediately send them a DV.  Provide a copy of that portion of your CR that shows the collection.  That should adequately identify the collection.  No need to send a separate cease communication letter, as your DV will be timely, and impose its own, total cease collection bar on them until such time as they have provided the requested debt verification.  That is more comrehensive than a cease communication notice.

The CRAs are not part of the debt verification process.  If you have documentation that their actual credit reporting is inaccurate, you can file a dispute.  However, issues pertaining to their compliance with the FDCPA or related to your DV request are not matters handled by way of a dispute under the FCRA.

Expiration of SOL is irrelevant to debt verification.  No need to mention SOL in your communication with them.

Message 2 of 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Help with ANFI-Bloom

Ditto to the above and don't include your SSN into the DV.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.