Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with AT&T Collections

tag
squirrely2005
Contributor

Help with AT&T Collections

So me and my gf are in the middle of trying to buy a house. Well a few days ago a collection popped up from AT&T on my gfs CR. We've been aware of it but thought it was already on her CR and we've tried to pay it before but it's more difficult than building a rocket. Stayed on hold at least an hour each time we called.

Anyway the company is Enhanced Recovery Company. I know a little about things like PFD but I'm a little unsure. Do I try to make a deal with them and pay only a portion or is just paying it in full going to help me out? I don't mind paying it in full. Expecially if it will help for them to take it off.

Has anybody had any experience with this company?

Oh and also my gfs mom wants us to just pay AT&T but that doesn't meant they'll remove it from collections right?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
somotao
Frequent Contributor

Re: Help with AT&T Collections

ERC is one of those tough Collection Agencies to deal with .... How old is the debt?

Notwithstanding you have a couple of options with ERC:

1. Have you called AT&T and asked them to pull the debt back from ERC and Pay AT&T if you are successful this could result in the removal of the collection.

2. Send ERC a Pay for Delete letter....since you can afford to pay the entire amount I would offer them the whole amount. which could lead to them being more willing to delete. Make sure you do everything in writing when dealing with Collection Agencies

I would try everything you can with AT&T to have them pull the debt back from ERC, tell them exactly what you want and the fact you are willing to Pay off the entire debt should help loads. 

Good Luck and Keep us posted.

Starting Score: 500s
Current Score: EQ: 708myFICO(7/15/17), TU: 721myFICO(7/15/17), EX: 701myFICO(7/15/17)
Goal Score: 750

Wallet: Discover IT $50300, Capital One Platinum $17000, Barclays Rewards $6700, Walmart $6000, Amazon Store Card $6000 Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000, Chase Sapphire Reserve $10000, Bank of America Cash Rewards $500. BestBuy $10000
Message 2 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@squirrely2005 wrote:

So me and my gf are in the middle of trying to buy a house. Well a few days ago a collection popped up from AT&T on my gfs CR. We've been aware of it but thought it was already on her CR and we've tried to pay it before but it's more difficult than building a rocket. Stayed on hold at least an hour each time we called.

Anyway the company is Enhanced Recovery Company. I know a little about things like PFD but I'm a little unsure. Do I try to make a deal with them and pay only a portion or is just paying it in full going to help me out? I don't mind paying it in full. Expecially if it will help for them to take it off.

Has anybody had any experience with this company?

Oh and also my gfs mom wants us to just pay AT&T but that doesn't meant they'll remove it from collections right?

In order to deal with AT&T, they have to still own the debt.  If they sold it you have to deal with the CA.  Contact AT&T and if they own the debt, do as suggested, ask to pay them for pulling back the account from the CA.  That is the only way AT&T could have it removed.

The OC and the CA are responsible for their own TLs.

Message 3 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I would leave the OC out of the picture.  They cannot pull back any reporting made by the debt collector, even if they are their assigned agent.

They can request their assistance, but they cant compel deletion.  The second the debt is paid, regardless of who it is directed to, the collection is terminated, so there is really nothing to "pull back."

I would deal directly with the party whose reporting you wish deleted.

Message 4 of 9
squirrely2005
Contributor

Thanks for the info guys. My gf is on the phone with them right now. She's told me twice "go get my debit card" -_- both times I've told her she needs it in writing so I don't now why she asked the second time.

Anyway I hope they'll take it off. I don't see any reason they wouldn't. Expecially if I'm paying it in full. I think it's worth their while.

Message 5 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 6 of 9
squirrely2005
Contributor

That makes sense but she was just told by the CA that he would send her a PIF letter and she would have to go to the OC to get it deleted.

Is what he telling her just plain wrong? What you're saying it seems like it.

Message 7 of 9
squirrely2005
Contributor

Yeah.

Message 8 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@squirrely2005 wrote:

That makes sense but she was just told by the CA that he would send her a PIF letter and she would have to go to the OC to get it deleted.

Is what he telling her just plain wrong? What you're saying it seems like it.

The CA can only delete their reporting and the OC can only delete theirs.  If they are sending a PIF it doesn't sound like they will delete.

It's just a bad idea in general to talk to a CA.  And pay for something with a debit card.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.