Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with BBB complaint

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with BBB complaint

Can someone please help me with wording for a BBB complaint against Jefferson Capital for reaging and listing on CR as revolving.

This is showing on my EX report scheduled to remain until 12/11, as per OC this account was closed 02/1999.

Thank you for your help!!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
SanFranMatt
Frequent Contributor

Re: Help with BBB complaint

Did you have any late payments after this was closed?  If it was closed in 1999 with a large balance, and you were late on a payment in 2004, then it's possible that it won't drop off until 2011.
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is for an old cell phone DOFD was in 02/99 as per Sprint
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

help please????
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is JCS showing in your account section or collection section of your credit report?  If it is in your account section then they are reporting inacurate information.  Reporting as a revolving account in itself is inaccurate reporting.

I would dispute with the BBB as inaccurate reporting on your credit report.  Then tell them why you think this report is inaccurate (that is what I did)

Can you prove the date was 02/1999.  Do you have a copy of an old bill or an old copy of your credit report that you can use as evidence that this account has been reaged.  

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Is JCS showing in your account section or collection section of your credit report?  If it is in your account section then they are reporting inacurate information.  

I apologize if this is thread-jacking, but is the placement of an account significant?  My wife's report has a few student loan collection accounts but they are listed in the Accounts section.  I just always assumed they were simply being categorized incorrectly and ignored it.  

She did have one account in the Collection section but we got rid of it Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Can someone please help me with wording for a BBB complaint against Jefferson Capital for reaging and listing on CR as revolving.

This is showing on my EX report scheduled to remain until 12/11, as per OC this account was closed 02/1999.

just state "company illegally reaged this debt, illegally reports it beyond allowed terms, illegally lowers my credit score procuring me continued damage"

however, have you complained to this company? have you send them a DV letter? your complaints (don't forget the AGs - your and their state - have sharper teeth), have better chances if you did both.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mike14 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Is JCS showing in your account section or collection section of your credit report?  If it is in your account section then they are reporting inacurate information.  

I apologize if this is thread-jacking, but is the placement of an account significant?  My wife's report has a few student loan collection accounts but they are listed in the Accounts section.  I just always assumed they were simply being categorized incorrectly and ignored it.  

She did have one account in the Collection section but we got rid of it Smiley Happy

Yes the placing of an account is significant. CAs can only report in the collections section. The other parts of your report are for regular TL, not collections.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

mommytotkk wrote:

As asked, what have you done up to this point to correct this?

Have you read the re-aging thread? It has been successful for me more than once.

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did DV with no response. That is all I have done. What would my other steps be?
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.