Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with CA (Midland) Please...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with CA (Midland) Please...

Hi all,

Ok I've been repairing my credit for about a year and half now and I have moved my scores from 400s to 650s now. My problem is this one collection account from 10 years ago. I was 18 and got a credit card from HSBC with a limit of $300. Being young and dumb at the time, I  maxed it out and never paid it. Now, 10 years later, its haunting me. Midland owns it and the balance is up to $2500 on it, which I really don't want to pay on a $300 credit card. I'd be more than happy to pay the 300 I owe though. I've tried disputing with the cb's but they validate it. So I sent a DV letter to midland and they wrote me back requesting I provide them with account information (which I don't have anything on). What can I do to get rid of this? Do I have to eat it and shell out $2500 to make it go away?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
inthematrix
Regular Contributor

Re: Help with CA (Midland) Please...

Why is it still on there after 10 years? It should have dropped off at 7 1/2. Was it a judgment?

Starting Score 7/5/10: 498 (EQ)
Current Score 659 (EQ) 699 (EX) 712 (TU)
Goal Score: 700 (for now)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

No it is not a judgement. Collection account. I'm guessing it is still there because Midland didn't take it over til 2004, is what the report it as. The account was  opened with HSBC in 2000.

Message 3 of 5
diveforfun97
Frequent Contributor

When did the account go bad?

Starting Score: Sep 23, 2014 EQ 577 TU 583 EX 567
Current Score as of 6/28/17 EQ 628 TU 643 EX 625
Goal Score: 700
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The HSBC account? 2001 I think maybe 2002 at the latest, the OC has already feel off my credit report. Then as far as Midland I have no idea, just what they reported to the CB's which is 2004

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.