Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with CA Wrong info reported to the CA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with CA Wrong info reported to the CA

Hi all,

So told I had a call from a collection agency stating I own an online school for $3000

I have not attended any online school or done any online course.
They stated I applied in 2015 but was unable to provide me the right date or time

To the best of my knowledge, I haven’t applied to any school online that cost that amount the only online education I did buy was on Groupon for $100.

Would be very grateful if anyone here can advise me on how to go about this

CA also stated they mail a letter to that effect to my old address and I yet to receipt that letter as well.

Online Sch is Exelsior college

Please advise.. Thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help with CA Wrong info reported to the CA

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all,

So told I had a call from a collection agency stating I own an online school for $3000

I have not attended any online school or done any online course.
They stated I applied in 2015 but was unable to provide me the right date or time

To the best of my knowledge, I haven’t applied to any school online that cost that amount the only online education I did buy was on Groupon for $100.

Would be very grateful if anyone here can advise me on how to go about this

CA also stated they mail a letter to that effect to my old address and I yet to receipt that letter as well.

Online Sch is Exelsior college

Please advise.. Thanks

Tell them its either another person with a similar/same name as you or its potential ID Theft. Contact Excelsior and see if they can provide any clues as to what the case may be.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.