Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with CA response to PFD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with CA response to PFD

Hi all,

I sent a few PFD letters using samples from this site (thanks everyone) and one CA came back with the following response\settlement proposal:

Upon receipt and clearance of $xxx this account will be satisfied in full and as per your specific request CollectionAgencyXXXnameOmitted will
REQUEST OUR REPORTING OF THIS ACCOUNT BE DELETED FROM YOUR CREDIT REPORT

(formatting and boldface as per CA's letter)

Should I go ahead and pay or should I ask them to confirm that they will indeed "delete all infomation regarding this account from the credit reporting agencies within 10 days" as I specifically asked in my PFD letter?
I'm not convinced their language means agreeing to the same terms I requested...

Thanks in advance for your suggestions,
dem

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Help with CA response to PFD

Looks OK by me, so as long as "CollectionAgencyXXXnameOmitted" is the one you submitted the PFD to, they are the one who wrote the response, and they are the one reporting to your CR.

I would not be too concerned about the time limit. Some CAs and OCs only update once a month. I'd give them a little extra time.

If you are open to answering, who is the CA? And congrats!
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool - I'll follow up with them and accept with a registered letter. I'll let the forum know the name after it closes positively Smiley Wink, but is a well-known CA, apparently easy to work with.
thanks,
dem
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

The CA was RJM - they were very good: they accepted, cashed, removed, all in short order.

thanks,
again,
d.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.