Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with CFPB Dispute

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with CFPB Dispute

I'm trying to get a TL from Seventh Avenue removed after they didn't send any response or communication in response to a 623 direct dispute. It's been over 2 months since the dispute was sent.

I've already tried to complain to the CFPB about the CRAs (Transunion specifically) who won't remove it and I made sure to include all paperwork, including the letter itself and the dates showing when Seventh Avenue received the dispute letter. Even so, Transunion still won't remove it, even though I pointed out that Seventh Avenue sent no response to me and that it's been over 30 days sent the direct dispute was sent out. They also put me under a fraud alert which was NOT looking to do at all.

I'm about to dispute their response but should I go ahead and complain against Seventh Avenue as well?  I really want this TL gone and I really don't know what to do next.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

Re: Help with CFPB Dispute

Yes, your best course of action for instances such as this is to lodge the complaint with the CFPB against the OC.  I have never filed against a CRA, but have had much success in going after the OC directly.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50K | NFCU Sig Visa $27K | Chase Marriott Rewards Visa $25K | AMEX Delta Skymiles $25K | BofA Sig Visa $25K | First Tech Odyssey MC $25K | AMEX HHonors Surpass $23K | Chase United Club Unlimited Visa $20K | Barclays AAdvantage WMC $17K | NFCU LOC $15K | NASA Platinum Visa $15K| NFCU Sig Visa $14K
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

All right. Still new to the CFPB thing.

Should I wait under they sent me a response to the dispute against the CRA or should I not wait and go ahead to send a complaint against the OC?

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

seventh Avenue is the OC?...correct? (I think they are a furniture company)....if they are the OC then what are you trying to dispute? did you never have account with them?....give us a little more info on your situation so we can help you better
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seventh Avenue is the OC. They're a mail order catalog type of place but I never had an account with them. I had never even heard of them before I saw that they were on my CR.

Tried disputing with the CRAs in April and nothing was done about it. Tried contacting Seventh Avenue directly about the matter and I never heard back from them. 

Sent off a 623 direct dispute letter in June to Seventh Avenue and no response was ever sent to it and it's been well over 30 days since then.  I'm now trying to use the nonresponse to the direct dispute to get it off my CR.

Message 5 of 9
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

Did you send the Direct Dispute CMRR?  The practice is to give them 45 days to complete the investigation and communicate back to you.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50K | NFCU Sig Visa $27K | Chase Marriott Rewards Visa $25K | AMEX Delta Skymiles $25K | BofA Sig Visa $25K | First Tech Odyssey MC $25K | AMEX HHonors Surpass $23K | Chase United Club Unlimited Visa $20K | Barclays AAdvantage WMC $17K | NFCU LOC $15K | NASA Platinum Visa $15K| NFCU Sig Visa $14K
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it was sent CMRR and received by the OC June 30th. 

Message 7 of 9
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

If you don't hear back by the end of this week, I would move forward with the CFPB complaint.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will do. Thanks.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.