cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Continental Finance.......................

tag
weirdmix

Help with Continental Finance.......................

I have a problem with Continental Finance I hope someone can help me with a little direction.

Here is the story,

I had a card with Continental Finance in 2007 and I wasn't a great customer, I began to fall behind in august of 2007 and contacted them and explained that I had lost my job and wanted to pay them and wanted to close the account but I needed to pay them in installments.Continental Finance agreed to accept three payments for $70.00 and close account in full as I was at 30days late.Now years later I find that they reported me as charged off with a zero balance and that my account was placed with Credit Solutions Corp in 1/08 for $581.00, so I DV'd I never received a response from Continental and all I received from Credit Solutions Corp was a one line statement showing a balance of $581.00 due 1/08.My next recourse was filing a complaint with the BBB explaining my situation and I received a response from continental finance stating that I never authorized the last payment so therefore I defaulted on the agreement and I need to contact Credit Solutions Corp and pay them the $581.00 I owe.I just want to say I paid this, I have made mistakes,but I paid them when I had nothing because I understand obligations and I have never defaulted on account.My problem is that my bank cannot produce my statement from 2007 so its my word against theirs and I understand that Im going to have a hard time getting this resolved but, One how can they charge me $581.00 on a $300.00 cc with in their eyes $140.00 in recent payments, Two they are marking my credit 90days late aug through dec even though they received payment.

I need to respond to their response to the BBB any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Help with Continental Finance.......................

As I view it, the whole house of cards is based on whether or not you went into default on your payment plan agreement.  You say you paid, they say you didnt.

To dispute this, you would need some documentation of payment.  If you dont have it and cant get it, then the recourse is to take it to a judge for a decision on the factual matters.  I would expect that if the OC can provide some evidence of non-payment, and you have no proof of payment, your prospects would not be too good.

I doubt that the BBB will be of much help in resolving a legal contract matter between you and the creditor. I would be interested to see their reply.

Best of luck!

Message 2 of 3
prolificjinx23
Frequent Contributor

Re: Help with Continental Finance.......................

Hey weirdmix, Quick question........ Is Continental Finance actually reporting on your EQ CR??? I have an account with them for the past 4 yrs (no lates, paid on time). Most of the time I've had the account I've spent fighting with them & EQ to report it because it would help! How does it show on your credit (their name)? 

Starting Scores: EQ 447 (01/02/2017), TU 476 (01/02/2017), EX 456 (01/02/2017)
Current Scores: FICO 08's as of 12/12/2019: EQ 584, TU 702, EX 631
Goal Scores: ABOVE 800 ALL 3
Current Cards: CapOne QS1 $500, Walmart SC $500, Discover It $750, Amazon Prime SC $900, CareCredit $2,000, NFCU CashRewards $10,000 and NOT APPING until 04/2020....

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.