Help with Credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help with Credit

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Okay I will look into that! 

As far as derogs I don't have anything negativly impacting my credit score. (I paid off one medical bill and it was removed a little while back)

Also keep in mind your CC balances effect your scores greatly. You want to keep your reported balance (the statement balance is whats reported) below 10% of the limit, on one card, and the other should show $0 balance.

Oh that's probably where I'm having a bit of trouble. I owe $350 on my current card. I'll have to pay that off this week. Thanks.

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just an update:

I paid my credit card off and my credit score (experian) is now 719!

I also applied for a 2nd C1 QS card and got a limit of $1000 which is awesome for me Smiley Very Happy

Thanks for everyones help. 

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

You might want to start looking around for that 3rd card......with a 719 you should have plenty of options - try some prequal sites - DiscoverIt is good.  I also amazingly got and AMEX blue everyday card (my highest limit) and my score is No Where Near yours.   (Depending on where you are pulling scores - is that a FICO score or a FAKO score?)

The other card I was able to get was Chase Freedom........And Chase also has an auto loan of mine - they gave it to me back when I had HORRIBLE credit - and my rate is nothing close to double digits...... (I think it's at 6%)

Good Luck! Smiley Wink

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! How soon should I apply for the 3rd card? I just applied today for my 2nd card.

I'm not sure if it's FACO or FICO. I use Experian. :\

Also, my next goal is to refinance my car once I've made my 6th on time payment (I have a horrible interest rate of 24%) I'll look into Chase. Thanks!! Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do it now.....I applied for 4 cards in 2 weeks - and then the last one about a month and 1/2 later......

hit up the prequal sites and see if you get anything good so you don't waste the HP.  I appllied in this order - scores were around 603-620 at the time. I didn't think about HPs when I did it or I would have done it a little differently - but it stll worked out ok - I just have an extra hit that I wouldn't have had to take.

1.   DiscoverIt - End of August

2.   Cap One Quicksilver 1 - same day.

3.   Cap One Platinum - a few days later   - should have tried on same day to get only 1 HP - oh well...

4.   Chase Freedom - about a week later - was on a whim to see if I could get back in with Chase

5.   Amex Blue Everyday (highest limit)  - was last week and my score was 661 and they pulled Experian.  I don't even have the card yet -but am really excited about it -because I finally have a card that I can carry a balance on and not use up my entire 10% Util!   

Hope that helps.......

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alright, just got the AMEX EBP at $2000. Smiley Happy

Thanks so much for your help. Can't wait to check in a few months from now with an update.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.