Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Direct Dispute

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with Direct Dispute

I sent off a direct dispute to Seventh Avenue via certified mail two months ago and I haven't heard anything back for them yet. It's for a chargeoff that isn't mine.

Beforehand, I've disputed with the CRA to no avail and I've tried calling Seventh Avenue as well and they said that they were going to investigate but I haven't heard back from them at all since that call.

Do I send them another direct dispute or should I try something else?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

Re: Help with Direct Dispute

Is Seventh Avenue the OC?  Did you receive confirmation they received your letter?  If answer to both is yes, then file a complaint with the CFPB.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50K | NFCU Sig Visa $27K | Chase Marriott Rewards Visa $25K | AMEX Delta Skymiles $25K | BofA Sig Visa $25K | First Tech Odyssey MC $25K | AMEX HHonors Surpass $23K | Chase United Club Unlimited Visa $20K | Barclays AAdvantage WMC $17K | NFCU LOC $15K | NASA Platinum Visa $15K| NFCU Sig Visa $14K
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, they are the OC and I got confirmation a week after I sent the letter.

So, it's better to complain with the CFPB and not the BBB? Was kinda confused about that.

Message 3 of 4
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

Yes.  The BBB really doesn't have any teeth.  The CFPB can make things happen.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50K | NFCU Sig Visa $27K | Chase Marriott Rewards Visa $25K | AMEX Delta Skymiles $25K | BofA Sig Visa $25K | First Tech Odyssey MC $25K | AMEX HHonors Surpass $23K | Chase United Club Unlimited Visa $20K | Barclays AAdvantage WMC $17K | NFCU LOC $15K | NASA Platinum Visa $15K| NFCU Sig Visa $14K
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.