Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Drivetime Repo info.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with Drivetime Repo info.

So, last year Drivetime stopped reporting to CRAs so they could "fix" all their credit reporting data. They were fined by the CFPB for 

several reasons that included harrassing customers and references and reporting innacurate information. So anyone with a Drivetime

account at all saw it disappear from all 3 reports. I think they had like 90 days to fix it and put it back or keep it off.

We have a repo  from 2011 (majorly ripped off but that's another story). It disappeared from Transunion and Equifax for good. I'd like

to get it removed but not sure I have grounds for removal or not. However, I can say that I never recieved anything telling me the car was

sold and for what amount and the amount of the deficiency. Nothing makes sense. It was reporting about 5800 before it was removed and

it was a Chargeoff (I know this doesn't make a difference for me tho). Now it is just reporting as a repo for about $5500. And it says date 

opened of Jan 2011 (date of purchase). But that it will be falling off my report in Dec. 2017 (6 years from the date of purchase???) 

Just wondering if anyone else has had Dfivetime show back up, did it report to all 3 or just one, and do you think it's Drivetime reporting it or 

Experian not deleting it because they apparently suck at deleting stuff as I'm reading from people on here? Keep in mind, this was a joint

account and it is also just reporting to my husband's Experian account.TIA

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
vertekal
Regular Contributor

Re: Help with Drivetime Repo info.

I went thru the same thing .. had DT removed for a few months then showed back up. According to my CRs from January 2016, it's reported to all 3 bureaus.

FICO 8:
EQ: 1/2018: 494 | 4/2021: 652 (+158)
TU: 1/2018: 536 | 4/2021: 657 (+121)
EX: 1/2018: 499 | 4/2021: 641 (+142)

Mortgage Scores:
EQ: 9/2020: 560 | 4/2021: 648 (+88)
TU: 9/2020: 564 | 4/2021: 649 (+85)
EX: 9/2020: 576 | 4/2021: 672 (+96)

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well... according the order they were supposed to have it corrected and report the corrected information within like 90  or 120 days or delete it. So I'm hoping there is a way to have it removed based on that.

Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The bulk of the CFPB consent order deals with collection practices that violated federal statute.

Your issue seems to deal primarily with accounting of the net debt remaining after disposal of a repo vehicle.

The credit reporting of the amount of the debt does not appear to be directly related to asserted violations coverec in the CFPB consent order.

Requirments regarding accounting of debt on a repo are the subject of state statutes and regulations.

I would suspect that they may have violated state requimrements, and that the CFPB consent order is not really applicable to your issue......

Have you contacted your state regulatory agency that deals with compliance with repossession statutes/regs?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

No. I'm not really sure where I go for that. I bought the car in Florida where it was also repoed. The same year I moved out of state so I'm not sure what to do at this point.

The CFPB order though stated that it needed to be corrected within either 90 or 120 days or permanently deleted. I'm pretty sure it wasn't put back on till recently but I can't prove it either. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.